NGD - Yes, another WL509, in Violet Blueburst!

shinksma

What? I get a title?
This arrived at work today. Got lots of oohs and aahs as I opened it up, ever so carefully!

Plays very nicely (gee, what a surprise) - I tested it at really really low volume through a practice amp I keep at work (it is lunch time, but I usually use headphones). The tones sound pretty interesting - can't wait to get it home and run it through my Archon or HXDA.

The quilt is very 3D - as you move around (or move the guitar around), the hills and valleys really stand out as 3D textures.

The violet is a little less intense than some that I have seen - comes across nicely!

Shout out to @Brian G for fantastic service once again!

First the case, which is very nice, and will probably never leave the house except when/if I move:

YRP61TQ.jpg

Top view, overall:

KXyLHvh.jpg

Top view of the body:

nbDpTGz.jpg

Side view, showing the lovely swamp ash back a bit:

AwzTFmu.jpg

Back:

xnAnsKl.jpg

If you look at the back normally, it blends very nicely, almost looks like a one-piece back. You can see the three-piece build of the back in this view:

D6BUKJa.jpg

Flamed maple neck, very smooth with that "naked/satin" feel:

hQbONbi.jpg

That top looks great with that finish! Love it! I agree on the back. I had to look really hard to spot the three pieces!

Enjoy it!

There were only 6 of us that ordered/purchased one of the 10 guitars, correct?

AFAIK, that is correct. I have no idea if any of the remaining four are still available, or whether "the general public" has snagged them all up. Or perhaps forum members grabbed them silently...

AFAIK, that is correct. I have no idea if any of the remaining four are still available, or whether "the general public" has snagged them all up. Or perhaps forum members grabbed them silently...

I don't think he's gotten the last ones in yet. Only the 5 are posted on the site as "On Hold" that sold.
I know the other Jade Green Burst wasn't in, because I was given the option to blind choose to wait on
the second one to see if the neck was finished in matching green. I decided I liked the top too much and
it probably looks more elegant with the natural neck, not to mention it's nice and slick sliding up and down
the fretboard!

I don't think he's gotten the last ones in yet. Only the 5 are posted on the site as "On Hold" that sold.
I know the other Jade Green Burst wasn't in, because I was given the option to blind choose to wait on
the second one to see if the neck was finished in matching green. I decided I liked the top too much and
it probably looks more elegant with the natural neck, not to mention it's nice and slick sliding up and down
the fretboard!
Oh, I didn't mean snag as in actually purchased and received, but more like what we did: put down a deposit to reserve one. Presumably anyone who did so is still waiting.

Somewhere, since last Friday, either in PM's getting details/payment, or in a thread, Brian said there were 7. IIRC

Back