NGD x2

Sweet as sweet times two. Love the necks! I have one on a WL Cu24 and just love the feel of it. Congrats! Play 'em loud and proud!

I'm a huge fan of the stained flamed necks but never have touched one (yet). Is there that much difference in feel? Are the stained necks sticky at all?

Anyway, two beautiful guitars you got there. Congrats!

I'm a huge fan of the stained flamed necks but never have touched one (yet). Is there that much difference in feel? Are the stained necks sticky at all?

Anyway, two beautiful guitars you got there. Congrats!
Hey Spikedog007 The two Private Stock stained flame maple necks you saw in my pictures feel just like any of the standard finished necks. It is as smooth as the body finish, so if your hands sweat it will either be slippery or sticky when the sweat begins to dry.

As for the unpainted/natural color Satin necks, they feel almost like they are natural sanded but not glassy smooth wood. I have not had them long enough to work up a good sweat on my hands playing them yet. But they are not bare wood and have a sealant on them, so if sweat builds on the hands it has to go somewhere. I have other guitars with Oiled necks and those don't ever seem to get sticky or tacky. But I'm guessing there could be some tackiness when the sweat really builds up from the heat of the hands, Sorry I have no first hand experience with sweat on these necks yet.

I had 2 of them at one point also. The green one is now gone and I still have the pinky. Long story with that one and I had put it up for sale but she's staying with me. Too sweet of a guitar to let it go

Oh mah goo'ness...if you ever change your mind about the pink one...I never thought about that combination, but it is sweet...

Back