NGD x2

Guitar_Brat

Just received these two Custom 24 w Floyd's yesterday. They are both 2014's with the Satin natural finished necks. I was only looking for one, but they had both of these and I could not make up my mind, so I got them both.

One is Evergreen Smoke Burst, and the other is Violet Smoke Burst. Violet burst has a really nice blue undercoat that really shines through in the right lighting. The Ever Green has a slight yellow hue under the green.

I love the feeling and look of these Satin flame maple necks. PRS pretty much stop making them as standard in 2015. Although they still did made some low numbers in this satin Finish the standard 2015 Custom 24 with Floyd was primarily painted or stained neck.

IMG_0745_zpsspay1l47.jpg

IMG_5580_zpsytbldvkf.jpg

IMG_5579_zpsyow2ls3v.jpg

IMG_0730_zpsbr9m0yui.jpg

IMG_0713_zpsulpbuql3.jpg

Yeah, I'd take them too, if it weren't for the Floyds. Not trying to cast aspersions on your choices. I am just being a snobby cork sniffer, but I heartily applaud those babies and I really hope they make you happy. As we say, "Play the snot out of 'em!".

Holy crap...Congrats! Do I have to say it??! THAT GREEN ROCKS!!! The other one ain't too shabby, either.
I agree I was originally drawn to the green one, but then I saw the neck and body of the violet one and was having a hard time deciding. After debating I realize the choice was an obvious one, get them both and ask the dealer for a packaged deal.

Yeah, I'd take them too, if it weren't for the Floyds. Not trying to cast aspersions on your choices. I am just being a snobby cork sniffer, but I heartily applaud those babies and I really hope they make you happy. As we say, "Play the snot out of 'em!".
No worries thanks for your thoughts, I know different strokes for different folks, but I have decent size collection of 11 PRS Guitars, out of the 11, (3) have Floyd Rose, (5) have the PRS Standard Tremelo and (3) have wrap around tail pieces. I enjoy the variety of components. I'm also a bit of a cork sniffer, but my nose is a bit more snobbier when it comes to Gibson's as they have made far more mistakes than PRS. BTW I have a Floyd on one of my Les Pauls and many felt that was also blasphemous. :)

Eeny...meeny...ah hell! Both are gorgeous. Love PRS maple necks! Congrats GBrat!
I recently bought a Wood Library Custom 24 in Blood Orange with a Brazilian Rosewood finger board and an Flame Maple satin finshed neck. The flame pattern on the neck on that one is almost Holographic. It was my first introduction to this style neck and that guitar has been one of my favorite to play. This is what motivated me to look for a CU 24 Floyd with the Flame Maple Satin neck. I do really like the feel of them. I also have two Private Stock Violin with stain flame maple necks and standard finish. They are very beautiful.

Picture of the Satin maple neck on my Blood Orange
IMG_0453_zpseqpdrdjn.jpg

Here is a picture of those 2 Private Stock Necks
IMG_3582_zpsqptbxtr7.jpeg

Back