NGD x2!!

Of course do what YOU like.

I like my Paul's like this:

2cb67eb0-dd3e-4f25-a05b-3c01159684f3_zpsf4lk7oz9.jpg

I just thought it fit the guitar's personality better. YMMV.

I was thinking of changing out the rings to black when I first saw the dealer photo:

feqwV7FfbjzRH0I-Asj_id5cE-Q6jyMTDISlOzzamdmf=s620-no

But seeing it in the sun light is what made me second-guess that (see first photo on page 1).

I'll most likely be playing this guitar out at gigs in darker environments, though, so black may end up looking great.

srP1cxEFD4ffZE2GkIRNxh-5zPkFWaswjmixWgqQ2h9x=w1602-h2134-no

I'll probably order them and swap them out for a bit to see what it really looks like.

Thanks again for the kind words!

-Paul

I'd still swap the rings out. It's like high contrast stitching on shoes or boots or whatnot. Some people like it, some people don't. I prefer "low contrast" "stitching", but I understand that others may prefer a more high-contrast look.

Usually. I have exceptions to my own rules, too. For example, I like black against lighter woods, too, even though that's high contrast.

I think I just like black.

Oh, and +1 on Moore Music.

Last edited:
Nice pair man! I'd go black. Or a nice set of rosewood rings, if anyone custom made them?

Congrats, and welcome to Club 408! Those are beauts - I love the purple burst on the BCB.

As for the rings, clearly the only solution is to get the black, split both sets all the way around, and have two sets of zebras. Then you just have to decide between black on the outer ring or inner ring!

LOL thanks for the replies, gents! I'll be ordering the black rings soon -- only way to know is if I see them on there!

Back