NGD x 3!! MEV for SE

I spent tonight playing the 594. It feels incredible- pretty much the way I remember my Core 594 played:

It sounds really good, too. I think these pickups are okay - I'll await judgement until the wiring is upgraded. Again, that's the painfully obvious weak spot to me. The pots just don't have the taper range to be as versatile as the get-up in my modded SE245.

I'm loving the neck pickup rolled back a little on vol/tone (the way I think almost every PRS sounds best). It is gorgeous clean and gained up. A truly usable tone that's getting used on a track tonight.

I'll update more later.

Not only am I impressed with the trade overall, but your specific vision for each of the guitars is pretty cool. I can't wait to see the updates after all of the work is done. Taking an already really good SE DGT and upgrading it to next level is pretty exciting. Great work all around!

Says a whole lot about the quality of SE's when players that know are trading off cores for a few of 'em... congrats on your new stable additions!

The "core" of the guitar is great. Necks feel right. The fret work is stellar. These Indo-SEs are getting whete it matters as far as I am concerned. When I started with PRS?? No. The SE guitars were budget in everyway. The feel wasn't there. I can truthfully say that's not the case now. I feel the need to replace almost everything else because of wanting more nuance out of the guitar. If you were/are a "keep all knobs up" player these will be great as is.

Not only am I impressed with the trade overall, but your specific vision for each of the guitars is pretty cool. I can't wait to see the updates after all of the work is done. Taking an already really good SE DGT and upgrading it to next level is pretty exciting. Great work all around!

I'm excited by the DGT. Having each pickup with its own split is important to me. After looking around at some other ideas yesterday, Fralin has a push/pull mod for variable resistors on the tone control. I might do that instead of phase. Not sure, but the guitar will be unique when I'm done.

The HBII. That one is a conundrum. I might gut that one and have another hole drilled for a second volume pot. Not sure. It's a sweety, but it could be more tonally versatile for my desires...

We'll see....

Back