NGD x 2: Tremonti and 594

Rich2016

I had a few new guitars come in since my last thread with the CE 24 and S2: a Tremonti in charcoal burst back around the fall and a 594 in faded whale blue about a month ago. Love them both but my 594 may be my favorite guitar ever! The body and neck thickness really set it apart from any of my other double cut PRS. I didn't get a 10 top on the 594 because I really liked the way the wood grain was visible in this particular top.

I did send the 594 to the PTC to have them drop in a covered 59/09 in the bridge (they even scuffed it up to match the neck LT) and it's now perfect for me; the LT in the bridge was fine but I wanted just a touch more output while retaining the character of the LT.

Here's a few pics of both guitars and the rest of them (with my dog photobombing me).

OUTSTANDING! I am seeing more PRSi with the woodgrain showing, including my most recent. I am really liking it! I love both of your new guitars, and great choice on the 59/09. I still think they hit it out of the park with this versatile, and slightly heavier pickup. I'm glad your dog didn't pass up the opportunity to join in!!!

Kevin

OUTSTANDING! I am seeing more PRSi with the woodgrain showing, including my most recent. I am really liking it! I love both of your new guitars, and great choice on the 59/09. I still think they hit it out of the park with this versatile, and slightly heavier pickup. I'm glad your dog didn't pass up the opportunity to join in!!!

Kevin

haha thanks. I love the 59/09, it's my first guitar with that pickup. I have the 57/08 already in my sc 58 and the 85/15 in my CE, so the 59/09 was the only other option to keep the guitar in the same tonal ballpark but just a bit hotter. Separately, I had the PTC drop in the covered \m/ pickups in my DGT after having them in my 24 floyd, and those pickups might be my overall favorites from PRS!

awesome bunch, the 594 top mimics the scuffed skin of a blue whale very nicely
your K9 looks sweet too

I had a few new guitars come in since my last thread with the CE 24 and S2: a Tremonti in charcoal burst back around the fall and a 594 in faded whale blue about a month ago. Love them both but my 594 may be my favorite guitar ever! The body and neck thickness really set it apart from any of my other double cut PRS. I didn't get a 10 top on the 594 because I really liked the way the wood grain was visible in this particular top.

I did send the 594 to the PTC to have them drop in a covered 59/09 in the bridge (they even scuffed it up to match the neck LT) and it's now perfect for me; the LT in the bridge was fine but I wanted just a touch more output while retaining the character of the LT.

Here's a few pics of both guitars and the rest of them (with my dog photobombing me).

Do you notice a large difference between the LT neck and 5909 bridge output?

Do you notice a large difference between the LT neck and 5909 bridge output?
Nope, I really don't. Both the neck and bridge 58/15LT are the same pickup and the 59/09 bridge (covered) seems only a little hotter; to me, it mainly feels a little smoother/more compressed. I actually think the Lt and 09 pair pretty evenly and would recommend it.

Thanks guys for all the compliments!

Wow, very nice! And is that a Great Dane? (Dane owner here..)

I actually can see a resemblance but he's only about 60 lbs and fully grown lol. We truly don't know what he is; my wife and I rescued him 2 years ago as a puppy and were told he was some sort of malinois mix and definitely displays some of that breed's behavioral traits.

I didn't get a 10 top on the 594 because I really liked the way the wood grain was visible in this particular top.

I really dig what I call "9 tops".... you know, tops that would've been a 10 but some sort of blemish means they're a 9 instead. I like the blemishes... somehow makes them seem more real/natural than some of the perfect tops I see.

Also, nice amp. Chrome chassis, small logo. They don't make them like that anymore. How do you like the Tremont's pickup with it?

Back