NGD X 2 - Forum Induced Spending

Beautiful coordinated pair, Congrats!

And yes, this forum is not easy on your wallet.

Normally I'm pretty good about not being influenced by postings here. I kind of blew that up.

The 594 HBII is a strange beast. It's far brighter than I expected although that could be because of the low volumes I've been playing at so far. I get lots of acoustic sound which I think is throwing me off. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play at a little more volume soon so I get a true representation of the sound.

The ZM is a little easier to figure out. There's nothing wrong with it as is but I think it may be more of a platform for modifications. This guitar is just begging for some low output humbuckers. Then maybe a new nut, a different bridge, and some knobs. It's also possible I don't change anything. Who knows.

Both guitars feel great to play so I'm in good shape.

Wow ... both are nice, but the Mc Carty HB II ??? My ultimate guitar ...:)

Sounds like you need the Brand F Micro PonyCAR ! (AMP) Then whenever you play, you can blast away until you can go "open atmosphere" (real tube amp in the room )

That's funny because I was thinking about a headphone option to cover some of my lower volume applications. That could mask some of the acoustic volume. Your suggested amp even keeps down the number of cords to 1.

Reminds me of the two things left on my list. (Which, yes, seems to expand the more time I spend here). A 594 SC, and a Hollowbody II Piezo. After that, I'm DONE (probably)

Yep, enablers enabling enablers. Congrats on a couple fine looking beauties

Back