NGD x 2 - CU24 and S2 Vela!

Thank you gents! The studio is very nice indeed! Satellite Recording Studios down in Fort Mill, SC.

Love them both!! Particularly, what a SWEET looking Vela. Thanks for sharing.

How do you like the C9 Organ pedal? Love the guitars.

Thank you both! Yeah LOVE the Vintage Mahogany finish on the Vela, perfect for that guitar! Such a classy look

The C9 is interesting, I was using my bandmates pedal, don't own it myself, but the shimmer setting is really nice. Gives great space and atmosphere to chord work.

Excellent scores this year! Bet the Vela kicks through that Victory / Orange setup...

Sure does - vintage tones! LOVE the middle setting with the coils split on the bridge pickup. Used that for recording cleans in a track the very day that the guitar arrived

Btw the CU24 can be seen in action here:

Skip to around the 5:30 mark for some lead guitar action ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the CU24 is nice enough but that Vela is whoah!!!! Congrats!

The Vela is truly a special guitar - actually there's a bit of a cool story as to how I came about this particular one.

I saw a Vintage Mahogany Vela online somewhere and I knew I had to have one in that colour. That particular one didn't have birds so I set about on an online search through the various retailers for one in Vintage Mahogany and with birds. I found a GREAT looking one on Sweetwater, perfect dark Mahogany and a nice dark rosewood fretboard to complement it. Unfortunately before I could pull the trigger, it was gone!!

I then spent another 2 weeks looking for another piece with the same colour/birds/and a similarly dark fretboard, but all the ones I came across had really light coloured rosewood fretboards and none really 'spoke' to me. Until I started looking on Reverb.com. I found one that looked very similar to the one I found on sweetwater, and what's more, it was pretty much brand new, barely used, and I was able to negotiate it down to about 30% off the street price (under a grand). Arrived to me a few days later and I checked the case... and what do you... it WAS the SAME guitar I missed on Sweetwater. I checked the serial number and everything. :D

Guess it was meant to land in my hands! Love it when the universe conspires for you like that.

The Vela is truly a special guitar - actually there's a bit of a cool story as to how I came about this particular one.

I saw a Vintage Mahogany Vela online somewhere and I knew I had to have one in that colour. That particular one didn't have birds so I set about on an online search through the various retailers for one in Vintage Mahogany and with birds. I found a GREAT looking one on Sweetwater, perfect dark Mahogany and a nice dark rosewood fretboard to complement it. Unfortunately before I could pull the trigger, it was gone!!

I then spent another 2 weeks looking for another piece with the same colour/birds/and a similarly dark fretboard, but all the ones I came across had really light coloured rosewood fretboards and none really 'spoke' to me. Until I started looking on Reverb.com. I found one that looked very similar to the one I found on sweetwater, and what's more, it was pretty much brand new, barely used, and I was able to negotiate it down to about 30% off the street price (under a grand). Arrived to me a few days later and I checked the case... and what do you... it WAS the SAME guitar I missed on Sweetwater. I checked the serial number and everything. :D

Guess it was meant to land in my hands! Love it when the universe conspires for you like that.

You're really, really, really sure about that serial number? 'Cause mine also came from Sweetwater in June, dark fretboard and all. What are the odds........

S2VelaBVM-large_zpsvrhq8iws.jpg

:wink:

Back