NGD Wood Library McCarty 594 Hollowbody II

Beautiful!
That looks superb.

I have an artist package version that was ordered in April of last year. Had to go artist to get the color that I wanted. ETA now is sometime mid August. Glad to see this model finally starting to show up in dealers shops.

Beautiful!
That looks superb.

I have an artist package version that was ordered in April of last year. Had to go artist to get the color that I wanted. ETA now is sometime mid August. Glad to see this model finally starting to show up in dealers shops.

Just remember the E stands for estimate, you might get several more, but I hope not! While they announced these January 2019, I don't think they started building any until later last year. I do know you'll enjoy it!

Beautiful!
That looks superb.

What color did you order?

So I've been incredibly busy with (thankfully!) work, projects, and family matters. I haven't really had that much playing time with this beauty. This past weekend that changed and I wasn't loving what I was hearing. Even though the individual strings seemed to be intonated, there were some intonation related offness in the tone. Plus, at least three of the strings, maybe four, wouldn't stay in tune. Last, for a hollowbody, it wasn't as resonant sounding as I had expected for a PRS.

So I'm thinking..... strings! Just for grins, let me change them out for my favorites, maybe I got a bad set with the guitar. So I take off the strings and then notice the tailpiece is flopping around. The screws were not tightened at all. OK, there's one big tone suck. Really surprising for a PRS right from the factory, but obviously a quick fix. I finger tighten both screws and clamp that sucker to its mounts. I then restring the guitar. One strum and.... hello! That's more like it. There's the resonance and volume I was expecting, intonation is perfect. And after stretching the strings the tuning has been dead on. Whew. And can I say, i frickin' love how this guitar sounds? And it's feather light, which this older body (mine) just appreciates. Mystery solved!

So I've been incredibly busy with (thankfully!) work, projects, and family matters. I haven't really had that much playing time with this beauty. This past weekend that changed and I wasn't loving what I was hearing. Even though the individual strings seemed to be intonated, there were some intonation related offness in the tone. Plus, at least three of the strings, maybe four, wouldn't stay in tune. Last, for a hollowbody, it wasn't as resonant sounding as I had expected for a PRS.

So I'm thinking..... strings! Just for grins, let me change them out for my favorites, maybe I got a bad set with the guitar. So I take off the strings and then notice the tailpiece is flopping around. The screws were not tightened at all. OK, there's one big tone suck. Really surprising for a PRS right from the factory, but obviously a quick fix. I finger tighten both screws and clamp that sucker to its mounts. I then restring the guitar. One strum and.... hello! That's more like it. There's the resonance and volume I was expecting, intonation is perfect. And after stretching the strings the tuning has been dead on. Whew. And can I say, i frickin' love how this guitar sounds? And it's feather light, which this older body (mine) just appreciates. Mystery solved!
That thing is gorgeous, congrats.
Glad you got it working how you want

it took me a bit to come around to my HB as well, but once I made it right in my own way, it's awesome.

Congrats !

Back