NGD - Wood Library 10 Top 594

Orange Tiger

:):):)NGD report!

Here is my latest aquisition, a Wood Library 10 Top 594 in Autumn Sky with ebony fretboard in satin finish. It's very impressive in every respect I have to say. I'm a little uneducated on caring for satin finishes but the feel this finish gives the guitar is superb.

If anyone has any advice for caring for satin finishes please would you educate me? Are there any products to particularly avoid?

Thanks to Peach Guitars in Colchester for their service and the cup of coffee while I was trying it out. Credit for the glamour shots goes to them also!

uAc07xM.jpg

Kmfe8mC.jpg

jkpCQUA.jpg
BbVFXA5.jpg

5VuqaVw.jpg

9k36pOw.jpg

hju8Fwu.jpg

I don't think there's anything specific for looking after satin finish. A microfibre cloth maybe every now and again. Be aware though that cleaning it will start to buff the finish. And any cleaning products/polishes might accelerate that. And areas that you come into contact with (neck, any areas your forearm touches etc) will also soon buff into a shine.
Looks a lovely guitar though. I wouldn't worry too much about buffed areas. It adds to the patina and makes it more your guitar

I’ve always been a fan of both autumn sky and satin. This is an exceptional combo of both! Enjoy the heck out of it!!!

Man that’s more of a les Paul top than 99.99% of high end custom shop les Pauls!

Slightly damp microfiber cloth(water). No polishes or chemicals...anything like that will make it gloss up. 0000 super fine steel wool will remove any shiny spots that develop from the oils in your skin. Use it VERY lightly, gentle.

Slightly damp microfiber cloth(water). No polishes or chemicals...anything like that will make it gloss up. 0000 super fine steel wool will remove any shiny spots that develop from the oils in your skin. Use it VERY lightly, gentle.
I've actually just given my satin finish guitar a light polish over the top to get it all to the same level of gloss. Could have gone the fine steel wool route but thought it would only buff up again, at least this way I don't have to worry about it, and can always do the steel wool at some later date

Is this advice on a care regime?!

Trying to score some points for 2019?;)

Beautiful guitar, nice to know a forum brother has this one.

:):):)NGD report!

Here is my latest aquisition, a Wood Library 10 Top 594 in Autumn Sky with ebony fretboard in satin finish. It's very impressive in every respect I have to say. I'm a little uneducated on caring for satin finishes but the feel this finish gives the guitar is superb.

If anyone has any advice for caring for satin finishes please would you educate me? Are there any products to particularly avoid?

Thanks to Peach Guitars in Colchester for their service and the cup of coffee while I was trying it out. Credit for the glamour shots goes to them also!

uAc07xM.jpg

Kmfe8mC.jpg

jkpCQUA.jpg
BbVFXA5.jpg

5VuqaVw.jpg

9k36pOw.jpg

hju8Fwu.jpg
The guys at peach certainly know how to take pictures of guitars

Thats a beauty, whilst I usually like satin finishes, some of the PRS ones have looked strange to me (maybe its because I'm so used to their gloss stuff). But that is lovely!

HNGD, I need to go to Peach at somepoint they have some killer stock.

Back