NGD! WOO HOO!

Thanks! Tuscon Thump! I just got it back from my guy...After the set-up and string change I love it even more! This thing is ridiculous! :cool:

Was waiting for some comment regarding the setup you had done. Pleased to see you are enjoying it more. Was it initially setup badly when you got it?

Next up the Bernie!

Was waiting for some comment regarding the setup you had done. Pleased to see you are enjoying it more. Was it initially setup badly when you got it?

Next up the Bernie!

No, not at all. In fact, I think it was really good. I mainly wanted to step up the strings to 10s the 9s are just a little to light for me (I lack finesse):confused: plus the nut was just a tad bit rough. He tweaked the intonation sligtly, and of course...The strap locks are a must for my clumsy a$$! Overall It was great... now its just a little better.;)

Are you freakin kidding me???? I've been busting your chops for days.... "where is the NGD thread?" Well duh, it's been here for 4 days and I didn't see it because.... DUH, I was looking in the guitars section! You dang amateurs kill me. Post your NGD threads in the guitar forums where they belong. I'm surprised you didn't post this in the "tech support" forum! HA Here I wasted hours googling pics of redheads and photoshopping your guitar into them so that I could start this thread for you, and now find out you already posted your thread! Geez, what a waste of time!!! Although, I'm definitely saving a few of the Julianne Moore, Ann Margaret and Angie Everhart pics... you know, just in case I need them later.

Congrats on the new guitar! I know it's just what you wanted so it's really cool that you finally got it!!! And, I know that, if it's still there, Bodia's Bernie is next. Then an Archon. Come to think of it, you better post pics of your wife just in case she tries to run after the inevitable. Somebody will need pics for the police. :D:p

Congrats my friend!

No, not at all. In fact, I think it was really good. I mainly wanted to step up the strings to 10s the 9s are just a little to light for me (I lack finesse):confused: plus the nut was just a tad bit rough. He tweaked the intonation sligtly, and of course...The strap locks are a must for my clumsy a$$! Overall It was great... now its just a little better.;)
You can’t beat a bit of “tweakage”!!:confused:o_O

Ken what I’m sayin’ like?!:D

You can’t beat a bit of “tweakage”!!:confused:o_O

Ken what I’m sayin’ like?!:D

Exactly...I never could control my urge to "tweak" everything I have ever owned ...I know I have more issues than Playboy...o_O

Are you freakin kidding me???? I've been busting your chops for days.... "where is the NGD thread?" Well duh, it's been here for 4 days and I didn't see it because.... DUH, I was looking in the guitars section! You dang amateurs kill me. Post your NGD threads in the guitar forums where they belong. I'm surprised you didn't post this in the "tech support" forum! HA Here I wasted hours googling pics of redheads and photoshopping your guitar into them so that I could start this thread for you, and now find out you already posted your thread! Geez, what a waste of time!!!

Please pardon the misplacment of my post...clearly, this was caused by over excitement...premature post elation :eek: if you will...total rookie mistake...none the less...A thousand pardons...please:confused:
Bernie is definitely next trying finagle him into my greedy fingers...The the CR showed up...As far as pics of the redhead...there's one on my profile. Just imagine Sergio in a long, curly, red wig and his finest little black dress...I know that mental picture is one you can wrap your head around o_O thanks man glad somebody finally got you out of the coma and you finally joined us again :D

PS...sorry for putting you in the middle of this sergio ..friendly fire dude...The threat is real! :eek:I never intended for you to become Collateral Damage:( sorry bro...I'll be more careful next time i promise.:D

Last edited:

Thank you for clarifying that. I like 10s for the more jazzy stuff (read faking it) and 9s for the rest of it. I bend strings a lot, can't seem to stop myself, and my correct pitch rate is higher with 9s. I often alternate between the two gauges on the same guitar. Some history with nerve damage and I don't have so much strength where it matters but bending up to correct pitch everytime has always been a problem for me.

Enjoy it :)

Thank you for clarifying that. I like 10s for the more jazzy stuff (read faking it) and 9s for the rest of it. I bend strings a lot, can't seem to stop myself, and my correct pitch rate is higher with 9s. I often alternate between the two gauges on the same guitar. Some history with nerve damage and I don't have so much strength where it matters but bending up to correct pitch everytime has always been a problem for me.

Enjoy it :)

Thanks Charlie...I feel your pain on the nerve damage thing luckily (if ya wanna call it that). Mine is on my right side (picking arm/hand), I have what I call a "monkey grip"with the left...I tend to over bend and at times, I fall clean off the fretboard...like I said lack of finesse. I compare it to trying to write or draw with my left hand...it's usually pretty friggin ugly. But hey! It's still attached...There's that...

Wow, that was quick! I would lavish that man with good beer. I expect it's gunna be a milk-carton weekend?

Well, technically he had me booked for 3 months the original app was for the SE24 I parted with:( plus, I think I'm one of like 3 people in this crappy little town, that doesn't own a Tele so he jumped at the chance...oh, and trust me the urge to plug into my little tube amp and blast it while the Ginger Goddess was next door earlier...put me straight onto the endangered species list...I hardly got it warmed up...When she threw the front door open! :eek:I quickly plugged into my Fly 3, tossed a comforter over the big amp, then slid a box in front of it to disguise it as a "pile of stuff" as she calls it...whew that was a close call...I gotta be more carefulo_O

Last edited:
Well, technically he had me booked for 3 months the original app was for the SE24 I parted with:( plus, I think I'm one of like 3 people in this crappy little town, that don't own a Tele so he jumped at the chance...oh and trust me the urge to plug into my little tube amp and blast it while the Ginger Goddess was next door earlier...put me straight onto the endangered species list...I hardly got it warmed up...When she threw the front door open! :eek:I quickly plugged into my Fly 3, tossed a comforter over the big amp, then slid a box in front of it to disguise it as a "pile of stuff" as she calls it...whew that was a close call...I gotta be more carefulo_O

Dude! Reminds me of a funny story. At an old forum I no longer frequent (I think it's defunct) a friend did a spoof interview with me and posted it at the forum. The gist of this was that at the time I was a "clean amp plus pedals" guy and had a LOT of pedals. The forum joke was that I strung 5 Boss Metal Zones together to get my tone. Anyway, I laid out every pedal I owned, sat them in front of my Classic 30 and prepared to take a pic. Then I had an idea. I ran a cable into a Nike shoe box, then out to the amp. I title the picture "DTR Tone" and posted it in the "interview" thread. In the photo description I described the signal chain I said the secret was the "magic box" that was last in the chain.

WTHeck does this have to do with your story? Throw the blankets over the amp, sit the Fly on top but plug into the tube amp and tell her you just can't believe how loud that little sucker is! But she's a redhead, so don't turn your back on her after saying this. :eek:

Thanks Charlie...I feel your pain on the nerve damage thing luckily (if ya wanna call it that). Mine is on my right side (picking arm/hand), I have what I call a "monkey grip"with the left...I tend to over bend and at times, I fall clean off the fretboard...like I said lack of finesse. I compare it to trying to write or draw with my left hand...it's usually pretty friggin ugly. But hey! It's still attached...There's that...

I’ve always been an S style player, with 25.5 inch standard scale.

Since the early 90’s I’ve used 10’s.

I’ve recently obtained a guitar with a 25 inch scale neck and I can believe how 1/2inch in scale makes so much difference to string tension! The bends are so much more comfortable. Like Scott I’m over bending. I’m considering an experiment with 11’s. It will probably end badly, but hey you don’t know until you try it!

Well, technically he had me booked for 3 months the original app was for the SE24 I parted with:( plus, I think I'm one of like 3 people in this crappy little town, that don't own a Tele so he jumped at the chance...oh and trust me the urge to plug into my little tube amp and blast it while the Ginger Goddess was next door earlier...put me straight onto the endangered species list...I hardly got it warmed up...When she threw the front door open! :eek:I quickly plugged into my Fly 3, tossed a comforter over the big amp, then slid a box in front of it to disguise it as a "pile of stuff" as she calls it...whew that was a close call...I gotta be more carefulo_O

Ah the “stealth enabler” has a secret stash! Good man.

Would be so funny if you plugged into a shoe box and into the big amp with the wee amp on top and tried the experiment that @DreamTheaterRules suggested. Just make sure you’ve got a go-pro or some sort of recording device running for evidential purposes, when the cops start their investigation!:eek:o_O

Dude - STAY OUT OF MY MIND!!!!

Ohhh nooo! Not you too alantig?! More collateral damage...what have I done!!!:eek::(

I’ve always been an S style player, with 25.5 inch standard scale.

Since the early 90’s I’ve used 10’s.

I’ve recently obtained a guitar with a 25 inch scale neck and I can believe how 1/2inch in scale makes so much difference to string tension! The bends are so much more comfortable. Like Scott I’m over bending. I’m considering an experiment with 11’s. It will probably end badly, but hey you don’t know until you try it!

Ah the “stealth enabler” has a secret stash! Good man.

@DreamTheaterRules suggested. Just make sure you’ve got a go-pro or some sort of recording device running for evidential purposes, when the cops start their investigation!:eek:o_O

I have the Fly 3 with the extra cab...I usually practice thru the on tiny speaker on the main cab/amp...I connected the extension cab to the main, just after she was griping about the noise...I told her it was the first time I plugged the extention cab in...she said "that's too loud why do you have to turn it all the way up?!! Just do what you've been doing! That's too loud... I promptly told her if it was too loud she was too old...well, I said that in my head anyway. What I actually did was, apologized and told her it wouldn't happen again...todayo_O

11’s huh? I did the Ernie Ball Elixir 10's...A little stiffer after using 9's everyday for months...but overall I really like em!

Video documentation is probably a good idea...If I go missing tell the cops it's in the footage is in the box under my desk...cool? Cool! :cool:

Then I had an idea. I ran a cable into a Nike shoe box, then out to the amp. I title the picture "DTR Tone" and posted it in the "interview" thread. In the photo description I described the signal chain I said the secret was the "magic box" that was last in the Throw the blankets over the amp, sit the Fly on top but plug into the tube amp and tell her you just can't believe how loud that little sucker is! But she's a redhead, so don't turn your back on her after saying this. :eek:

That's awesome DTR! :D I like where your heads at dude!
What? Do I look suicidal to you? I know crazy but I'm not trying to die!!!:eek: I never turn my back on her...And! I always sleep with one eye open...that was on page 13 of the redhead owners manual she came with...o_O:D

Back