NGD: what kind of blue is this?

Stoptail22

El PRSidente
This is my new heavy weight champion (9 lbs / 4 kg ) Stripped 58. I am slightly confused about its colour. The modcat, as you can see in the second pic, says it is a "custom colour". The dealer said it's "Whale Blue". But in 2012, Whale Blue was a standard colour option, so there was no need to choose it as a custom colour.

By the way, does anyone know why the Stripped 58 cannot be found in the PRS catalogues of those days?

full

full

Looks like Whale Blue to me. Maybe custom color due to the nice subtle black burst/wrap and no faux binding?

You can see in the MODCAT that it is CC = Custom Color. I think it is close to what was called "Cobalt". Maybe a cobalt burst. Very nice.

To answer your other question, the Stripped 58 was basically rolled into the current SC245 model (along with the SC58). Which of those two your SC245 more resembles simply depends on what trim level you buy.

It's evolved a touch since it first came out, but it's not terribly different than what you've got.

I think you should call it Bavaria Blueburst in honor of Chris Bavaria who ran finish before Paul Miles. He custom painted a ce24 almost the same color. I would also point out to you that it looks like the bindings were not scraped. That alone would make it custom.

It does look like a whale blue, but with a burst around the edges. Color is a tad darker too but that can vary on the wood.

I've seen a bunch of S2's with the whale blue name have a similar color.

It looks to be about the same shade as Azure Blue on my SC245. I don't have a picture but it is really close to the same color. ENJOY!!!

Back