NGD (well in about 2 weeks) and 1st PRS

And it's your option, nothing is PLEK'd by RG until bought, string gauges chosen, guitar setup to buyer specs, etc.

Chill.

Don't they ruin the warranty by plekking it? Maybe the frets aren't included in the warranty anyway.
Besides, it's not like SS's have tons of fret material ti chip away...

I really don't think I'm going to let them plek it, but the one I'm getting isn't a SS, it's a custom 24 - just to avoid confusion. :)

I'm going to tell them how I want the relief and action and *maybe* I'll let them put it in the Plek and run a report - but do nothing more. I'm thinking the same way y'all are, it's highly unlikely it needs any fret work.

What I'd really like is for them to plek my Agile AL-3200 instead. I'm fairly sure it would benefit.

This is the most expensive gas month, ever. Just found out about Sweetwater's 36 month 0% on Kempers, so I just ordered me a black toaster. Only bad thing is it's not in stock, although it says "more expected in a few days".

The thing sure ain't cheap but I'm hoping it blows the rest of the hair off my head (won't take much to get the remainder). Plus, the old eyes aren't what they used to be and I want controls/screen OFF the floor.

Y'all only have 'til Oct 2 to take advantage of Sweetwater's 0% deal. Don't blame me if you pull the trigger :)

And, on another note, I have approx. 11 days until I can payoff and pickup the PRS!!!!!

Looks like a gorgeous instrument!

I’ve never met a new PRS that needed a PLEK, and speaking only for myself, I wouldn’t let them do it. If the neck can’t be adjusted to perfection, and there’s an issue, PRS will take care of you, and the guitar will be right.

Congrats!

I've spent my share of change at Righteous in the past year, that place is Dangerous!!

Thanks gents, the anticipation is killing me but I'll make it. I told them they can analyze it in the PLEK, but not to touch any frets. They said the same to me - it's rare that they see any issue.

I've taken a bunch of guitars there for everything from setups to a full stainless steel refret on my 92 in the past year. The refret was the only one that had the full-on Plek treatment.

Gotten the best setups from them that I've had in my many years of gear whoring.:D

So far I've been very pleased with RG, once you overcome the shock you receive - 2 ft inside the door (the place is arranged for shock and awe) you find some cool dudes working there. The owner talked to me for quite a while as well. PRSh is supposed to be there in Nov, hoping I can get mine signed then :)

Took my wife's suggestion (charge and pay it off Tuesday) and went and picked it up this afternoon!

I'm practically speechless over the tone and power of this guitar and the 85/15's. Playing at the store didn't prepare me at all, this axe is flaming hot in looks, tone and playability - although I need to lower the action a bit. My other 2 guitars sound like pure 5hit now.

I have a perpetual smile going on I'm simply stunned, why didn't anyone warn me lol!

More pictures tomorrow, the color really changes from browns to orange depending on the light and there's incredible depth in the finish.

And btw, the PLEK check showed perfection, no truss rod tweaks no nothing!

I think I'm going to be very happy to meet PRSh in November. I'm a believer! My gawd am I ever.

Took my wife's suggestion (charge and pay it off Tuesday) and went and picked it up this afternoon!

I'm practically speechless over the tone and power of this guitar and the 85/15's. Playing at the store didn't prepare me at all, this axe is flaming hot in looks, tone and playability - although I need to lower the action a bit. My other 2 guitars sound like pure 5hit now.

I have a perpetual smile going on I'm simply stunned, why didn't anyone warn me lol!

More pictures tomorrow, the color really changes from browns to orange depending on the light and there's incredible depth in the finish.

And btw, the PLEK check showed perfection, no truss rod tweaks no nothing!

I think I'm going to be very happy to meet PRSh in November. I'm a believer! My gawd am I ever.
Guys at RG know their stuff. Ben dialed in my fiddle with 57/08s by tweaking the heights including pole pieces to perfection! Great folks to deal with.

Here's some more pictures, notice how orange it looked with the very bright lighting vs now at home:

(these 3 are with a bit of indirect sunlight)
uc

uc

uc

(on the wall with less light)
uc

(on the wall with hardly any light)
uc

(some extras)
uc

uc

uc

uc

Very cool to have a shape shifting guitar :D Although the pictures don't do it justice, though I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here - y'all already know that it looks WAY better in person. I couldn't be happier with it!

And btw, I scoured the interwebs for how to share Google Drive images on a forum. When you have the file uploaded, right click and take "shareable link" (this will copy the link to your clipboard). Then edit your message here, use the norml IMG and /IMG around the link, but within the link, edit the word "open" to "uc".

Last edited:
Back