NGD: Welcome to the Core

That is stellar! I’m so glad you dig the DGT. It’s tough to make recommendations when the investment is high and you don’t completely know what an Internet buddy plays. But unless you’re mostly into metal, the DGT has impressed every player I know to try it. Plug it into a 50w single channel amp and see what really makes this guitar special. :cool: Congrats!
I'll have to do that. For the time being my Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp and 50/50 will have to do. ;)

Congrats! I will always have a soft spot for the DGT. It never ceases to amaze me how sleek and slender a PRS looks beside Gibson LPs. It’s like a Ferrari beside a Bentley.

I own both a 594 WL and a limited edition Gibson LP Standard. It's like a 2017 Dodge Viper vs a mint '67 Corvette... love 'em both for their own attributes :)

Last edited:
I own both a 594 WL and a limited edition Gibson LP Standard. It's like a 2017 Dodge Viper vs a mint '67 Corvette... love 'em both for their own attributes :)
Exactly. The ‘09 Traditional is an old muscle car - thick, heavy, a beast with no power steering and you’ve just got to hang on. The DGT is a modern supercar, built with tight tolerances and crafted to perform.

Yeah I never understood the world’s need for pitting these excellent guitars against each other, and all that crazy tribalism and angst that accompanies it. That includes fender, ibanez etc etc.

All of them have their own niche tones and beauty, and each should be appreciated without the need to detract from the other.

That's a fantastic top and a really nice burst...congrats!!!

Back