NGD very unexpected result...

Wow that literally looks like part of the garden! We got guitars sprouting out of the ground now.

Wow that literally looks like part of the garden! We got guitars sprouting out of the ground now.

Its hard to spot, but its on a guitar stand the middle pic. I wasn't trying to lay down roots or anything. :)

Trem: I always ending up blocking them up, but now the strings are stretched this seems very stable. Somehow I can still do stopped bends without issues too. So I will use it & see how it works out.

Strap pins: These are massive. None of my locking straps will fit (Planet Waves or Lock-It) and conventional straps will only go on if I unscrew the strap pins first, but then the guitar wont fit in the gig bag properly. For now I have screwed on a conventional strap and will use a hard case tonight.

I forgot to try out the coil splits yesterday. I'll do that now while I rejig the signal processor.

Tonight is a village hall charity gig, but we will be fed. Looking fwd to the CE debut. :)

Tonight is a village hall charity gig, but we will be fed. Looking fwd to the CE debut. :)

What’s on the set list?

I’m guessing institutional turkey, reconstituted mashed taters and gravy, canned niblette corn and store-bought apple pie served with weak tea...

The tastiest licks will be coming from the RL.

Last edited:
Strap pins: These are massive. None of my locking straps will fit (Planet Waves or Lock-It) and conventional straps will only go on if I unscrew the strap pins first, but then the guitar wont fit in the gig bag properly. For now I have screwed on a conventional strap and will use a hard case tonight.

After a while your straps get used to the punishment and go on a little easier. You could slightly enlarge the slit with an exacto knife and it will then fit a little easier.

After a while your straps get used to the punishment and go on a little easier. You could slightly enlarge the slit with an exacto knife and it will then fit a little easier.
Yeah, the oversized strap "pins" (Fender bass string tees) can be a battle on new straps, but a little cut on the strap slit with a knife, and some use, will get it on without too much grunt, while still being on nice and solid.

Have a great gig, enjoy your meal!

What’s on the set list?

from memory right now... (no special order or set)

Move On Up (The Jam)

Travelers Tune (OCS)

Hard to Handle (Black Crows)

Hey Ya (OutKast)

Embarrassment (Madness)

Jackie Wilson Said (Van Morrison)

Leave Your Hat On (Joe Cocker)

Mama Told Me Not To Come (3 Dog Night)

Cold Sweat (James Brown)

One Step Beyond (Madness)

Shake (?)

Mr Pitiful (Otis Reading)

7 Days (?)

25 Miles (Edwin Starr)

Treat Her Right (Commitments/George Thorogood)

I Predict a Riot (Kaiser Chiefs)

Tequilla (Ska version)

Neighbourhood (Space)

Cant Turn You Loose (Otis Reading)

Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)

Mustang Sally (…everyone)

Lorraine (Bad Manners)

Geno (Dexy’s MR)

There There My Dear (Dxy’s MR)

Show Me (?)

Woolly Bully (Bad Manners)

Town Called Malice (The Jam)

heres a couple of those tunes

http://soundcloud.com/unwise-bill/travellers-tune-blownout
http://soundcloud.com/unwise-bill/02-hard-to-handle

Last edited:
from memory right now... (no special order or set)

Move On Up (The Jam)

Travelers Tune (OCS)

Hard to Handle (Black Crows)

Hey Ya (OutKast)

Embarrassment (Madness)

Jackie Wilson Said (Van Morrison)

Leave Your Hat On (Joe Cocker)

Mama Told Me Not To Come (3 Dog Night)

Cold Sweat (James Brown)

One Step Beyond (Madness)

Shake (?)

Mr Pitiful (Otis Reading)

7 Days (?)

25 Miles (Edwin Starr)

Treat Her Right (Commitments/George Thorogood)

I Predict a Riot (Kaiser Chiefs)

Tequilla (Ska version)

Neighbourhood (Space)

Cant Turn You Loose (Otis Reading)

Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)

Mustang Sally (…everyone)

Lorraine (Bad Manners)

Geno (Dexy’s MR)

There There My Dear (Dxy’s MR)

Show Me (?)

Woolly Bully (Bad Manners)

Town Called Malice (The Jam)

heres a couple of those tunes

http://soundcloud.com/unwise-bill/travellers-tune-blownout
http://soundcloud.com/unwise-bill/02-hard-to-handle
Nice set list and great tunes. Real horn section?

Nice set list and great tunes. Real horn section?

Yes proper horn section. Alto sax (Mark B) and Tenor & Baritone sax (Mark A). 7 piece band. In the very early days we had 3 saxes.

The gig was great but shorter than I expected. Just 1 hour set. It was a charity event for brain injured
http://www.justgiving.com/getahead

Everybody wore hats. Best hat got a prize.

I got enough solos to evaluate the CE. It sounded excellent through the little Fishman amp (big enough for the Village Hall), it will sound better again through the Fender. I used the neck pickup (always my favourite). Beautiful hollow woody tones. Very happy.

28mfzg8.jpg

Damn, that’s a pretty guitar. I love looking at the ornate stuff, but more as a spectator than a potential owner. As far as my own taste and what I’d like to own, the simpler the better, and it doesn’t get any simpler or prettier than reclaimed wood. If they’d made a 594 with a top like that, it’s the one I’d be drooling over...

Back