NGD very unexpected result...

merciful-evans

Portsmouth uk
Today didn’t go as expected. As it was a nice day, I decided to visit Guitar Village. They had a used Peerless Martin Taylor archtop that I was anxious to try. I did, and also a similar spec Eastman too. They were very nice but neither insisted on being taken home.

Then I tried the nicest looking Core Custom 24, Blue Quilt with ebony board. I had admired this on the website before. Finally there was one CE24 which I certainly would have bought had the finish been to my liking. Before leaving I asked the assistant (Sam) what had happened to the CE24 Reclaimed Wood that I had initially bought last December. Did it ever arrive? Was it bought?

Sam said he thought there might be one in the storeroom. That suggested to me he wasn’t conversant with goings on with the model. So anyway, a few minutes later he appears with THE GUITAR!

He told me it had arrived in the shop that morning. What are the odds? I had given up on it weeks ago.

It had been a pleasant day out. Sam had been helpful and attentive. And whats more. finally… I have it.

I had recorded a few seconds of video, but it had mutated into a single frame when iCloud got hold of it. But at least the pictures are ok. Here they are.

nrksl.jpg

2m7f1v6.jpg

2945g6v.jpg

I haven’t had a chance to set it up yet, but it plays pretty good as it is. Nor have I created a custom tone patch for it on my signal processor, but the Ric 650 one sounds pretty good.

I have a gig tomorrow, and so does the CE Reclaimed :)

Nice! So, patience is a virtue after all. Don't worry, I never believed it either!

And, that's a great looking top, with lots of character! IMO, some of those from the later runs had the most unusual tops. They're all cool, though!

Weird, I can see them on my phone, but not on my computer..

Anyways, nicely done! It’s hard for these reclaimed models to look wrong.

And get that thing out of the dirt! You think that’s where trees comes from or something??

Woah! Diggin that! One question aren't you worried about a lawn mowing accident...or even worse...a Lawn Dart incident?! I've seen (perpotrated) one of those...allegedly...o_O it wasn't pretty...

Naa, congrats on the killer new acquisition!

Back