NGD - Vela

vashondan

Got it an hour ago but haven't had but a few minutes to play around with it. It sure is a beaut though. Love the style and playability. Love both pickups the neck perhaps a little more. It does seem like it can cover a lot of styles as well. Seems like it came with 10's on it?

Any of you Vela owners, what do you like best about yours?

Congrats!!!

I played one a couple weekends ago, very cool indeed. The action and playability were perfect. The tones were good too. Played through an amp I didn't love but it still sounded good!

I have not had a chance to play a Vela, but a guitar store near by just got a couple in. I think I will mosey on down there a check them out. I think the Vela is a cool guitar. Congratulations.

I miss mine...love the neck pickup. I shall have one again someday. Congrats on yours...play the snot out of her!

Congrats, vashondan! I know you've been waiting for quite some time for your own Vela. Which color did you opt for, I wonder?

What I love about mine is the utter simplicity of it's the design of its pickups, I guess. I look at it as an improvement over that Telecaster design (there, I said it), tone-wise and (personally) design-wise as well. Throw rocks at me if you will, I don't care. That is totally IMHO. YMMV, of course...

Velas are great. I love that it's a totally unique design - it's not some "compromised" version of a core guitar but a standalone instrument in its own right.

The neck and middle are where the magic is at for me - no other PRS sports that DeArmond vibe (yet) and it's such a cool sound.

Congrats and enjoy! Pics ASAP please!

e
Congrats, vashondan! I know you've been waiting for quite some time for your own Vela. Which color did you opt for, I wonder?

What I love about mine is the utter simplicity of it's the design of its pickups, I guess. I look at it as an improvement over that Telecaster design (there, I said it), tone-wise and (personally) design-wise as well. Throw rocks at me if you will, I don't care. That is totally IMHO. YMMV, of course...

I got the McCarty Burst. Really nice. I did hear some Tele last night while fiddling with it. Trouble is I was sipping bourbon while fiddling. Woke up this morning with an aching in my head. Pics after my 4th cup o coffee. Thanks all for the well wishes.

I want a Vela bad... wish someone around here would get a couple in stock. :(

Anyway, I'm saving my congrats for after you post pics... ;)

They have to be from a hosting site like photobucket. Then you can simply copy/paste

Ok, having trouble with uploading from photo bucket. No patience left. Will try again in the morning

Back