NGD! Used DGT!!!

sergiodeblanc

Or not.

3AJTdeo.jpg

G@ddammit. New hot water heater instead.

Whenever things pop up that need fixing or replacing I think of what guitar I could’ve bought instead. In this case I think I could’ve bought a nice used DGT, maybe a nice frost blue Standard? You guys would have loved that...

How about you? What would you have gotten instead of some recent frivolous expenditure like a new transmission or a dishwasher?

Cripes.....that sucks! However, I can relate. New windows, entry door, and storm door last Friday. The wife's Jeep was at the shop for a week. Picked it up Saturday, and had it towed back to the shop yesterday. By the time we're done with her car I coulda bought a new core. As soon as it's really fixed, we're ditching it. That means a new car (used) for her. Crap, I'm in 2 Private Stock territory. Oh yeah, one of my pooches has a UTI. Maybe a used SE One.

Cripes.....that sucks! However, I can relate. New windows, entry door, and storm door last Friday. The wife's Jeep was at the shop for a week. Picked it up Saturday, and had it towed back to the shop yesterday. By the time we're done with her car I coulda bought a new core. As soon as it's really fixed, we're ditching it. That means a new car (used) for her. Crap, I'm in 2 Private Stock territory. Oh yeah, one of my pooches has a UTI. Maybe a used SE One.

Who needs new windows? In my mind windows are just holes in the walls the builder was too lazy to finish.

I wanted to order a new Private stock, but ended up installing a whole home generator. Cause even if the power goes out, you cant stop Rock N Roll!

Okay, that’s kinda rad.

Property taxes on this built-in-1923 termite owned 1500sq footer would be better spent on a certain private stock PRS, but I’ve become used to sleeping indoors.

And if you bought that new PS your band would have sounded better than ever, and then you could’ve slept in the van on tour!

Well, on the flip side for me, my car needs a new exhaust and a plethora of electrical issues resolved. Sometimes it won't start, it's heater barely works, and it's noisy as all get-out.

But instead of fixing any of these issues, I decided to buy a Wood Library 24-08 recently.

So, kinda not the same thing....but I figured the thread was kinda touching on the idea of priorities, so I thought I'd share.

Pffft, quit complaining and look at the bright side. You didn’t have to sell gear to pay for it!

Not yet! And why you gonna deny me the pleasure of complaining? That’s like, the most fun part of homeownership.

Well, on the flip side for me, my car needs a new exhaust and a plethora of electrical issues resolved. Sometimes it won't start, it's heater barely works, and it's noisy as all get-out.

But instead of fixing any of these issues, I decided to buy a Wood Library 24-08 recently.

So, kinda not the same thing....but I figured the thread was kinda touching on the idea of priorities, so I thought I'd share.

My man! And you don’t have to replace guitars every 5-10 years (don’t tell my wife though).

My 13 year old SUV decided the transmission fluid was way happier on the outside than the inside a couple months ago. It had ~200,000 miles on it, rode hard and put up wet, and it was failing in other areas, so time to just bite the bullet and replace it. So we replaced it with a smaller SUV with a monthly payment (can still fit the two carts of music gear in the back side-by-side for our gigs!), so no huge outlay beyond the $2K deposit, but man the savings aren't going to build up as fast.

But the other car, a mid-2000s "Jaguar" X-type (really a gussied up Ford Taurus with AWD, mechanically) needed serious work in the rear suspension, brakes, serpentine belt, leaking oil pan, yadda yadda. That was a good $4K+ out of pocket, but it should last another 100,000 miles at least. So the investment is theoretically worth it.

But dang, between the two vehicles that was a good used PS. Or more than likely, a remodeled master bathroom.

Still, with all the great PRSi I currently have, and a SC594SH being built sooner or later, I cannot complain.

My wife says so.

Back