NGD - Update-Someone backed out on the green one I originally wanted-She's on the way!!!

Satin Jade is going to be my friend......... next, I want a wittle bunny wabbit... I will name it George... and I will love it, and hug it, and pet it, and squeeze it...... aCk!!!!

I've owned a Modern Eagle V, so I know what the guitar is capable of... Not my usual experimental ordering. LoL!

Ooooooooooooooooooo.... I REALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY think I'm going to like this!!!

Be a Helluva gig pair!!!
284104476_10221948717731073_6284184574955671443_n.jpg

Last edited:
I’d be interested in any comparisons between the new arrival and the 509. Asking for a friend…
Cool! Yeah, the Modern Eagle V I briefly owned was a mahogany body. Curious to hear the Swamp Ash version. The hog body sounded great!

I would expect to be able to cover almost any tone between the two with my Axe FX III and Fractal FM9!

Cool! Yeah, the Modern Eagle V I briefly owned was a mahogany body. Curious to hear the Swamp Ash version. The hog body sounded great!

I would expect to be able to cover almost any tone between the two with my Axe FX III and Fractal FM9!
Every tone and more. The swamp ash will really put you in Strat territory . I had a couple of friends including die hard Strat guys try my ME V with the ash body and neck. To say they were stunned at the split cleans and position 4 is an understatement. We finally agreed this was something that captured that sought after good Strat sound

Every tone and more. The swamp ash will really put you in Strat territory . I had a couple of friends including die hard Strat guys try my ME V with the ash body and neck. To say they were stunned at the split cleans and position 4 is an understatement. We finally agreed this was something that captured that sought after good Strat sound
Yep... My 509 is Swamp Ash body and maple neck, maple board. It does a Strat with large balls tone with the splits!

Dammit... It sucks that my Modern Eagle V is sitting in a FedEx hub warehouse in Charleston, SC right now and won't deliver until Monday... It's only 20 or so miles away ... Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
***Snifffff*** :(:eek:

I have both a mahogany body and an ash body MEV. They definitely have a different vibe sound wise.

To my ear i the ash body has a bit more mid focus. I can definitely hear the difference between the two.

Back