NGD Tremonti - You Knew it Was Coming!!

Was just rocking out on my Tremonti signature this morning and wondered what it would be like in pink...well, that answers that :)

Crazy cool looking...congrats!!!

Decided not to block the trem on this. I will give it a fair shot and see if I can overcome my disappointment with the PRS trem. So far, it's performed better than expected.

When I got my Tremonti a few months back, went through the exact same thing. Decided not to block it in the end and am glad I didn't. Have a lot of hardtails already and kinda defeats the purpose of this guitar IMHO.

I still need to figure out how I will get drop Db tuning without blocking
The answer is so obvious I can't believe I have to spell it out, but it is early, so...

Another. Guitar.

You know you wanna....
I was gonna suggest that @elvis just learns how to quickly re-tune - I have a colleague in the music biz, he gigs seriously regularly, and is constantly changing tuning on his guitar - now it is an acoustic, but still, he can retune from std E to DADGAD for one song, then next song to something like EBEFCF in the mere seconds of banter between songs.

Once you get a feel for your guitar, you just know how much to turn each tuner to get it from one to the next "roughly" in tune, and then do a quick fine tune.

But...another guitar does solve the problem just as easily.

I was gonna suggest that @elvis just learns how to quickly re-tune - I have a colleague in the music biz, he gigs seriously regularly, and is constantly changing tuning on his guitar - now it is an acoustic, but still, he can retune from std E to DADGAD for one song, then next song to something like EBEFCF in the mere seconds of banter between songs.

Once you get a feel for your guitar, you just know how much to turn each tuner to get it from one to the next "roughly" in tune, and then do a quick fine tune.

I do this with hardtails, but the trem will always take longer and be less stable.

I do this with hardtails, but the trem will always take longer and be less stable.

I was going to suggest what shinksma said, but as elvis said, it's a little trickier w/a trem. If it had a Floyd, the D-Tuna is a brilliant solution for this. But it doesn't.

Someone (Hipshot?) made tuning pegs that worked like the D-Tuna - don't know if those are still around or not.

Unfortunately the D-tuna only works if you block the trem so it only dives. I'll just have to see how quickly I can retune and get it to settle.

Back