NGD - Tremonti SE Custom w/ tobacco burst on a quilted top

Tedder

Unprofessional
So this guy arrived today. After going some rounds with Sweetwater trying to get a ZM I switched to the Tremonti as I was trying to fill a void in the stable and replace another SE singlecut at the same time. I haven't had a trem on a guitar in more years than I care to admit so I am not only excited about it but practically a novice with it. lol

I will apologize in advance as the only camera I have access to is on my phone and my basement doesn't have great lighting.

This beast is heavy enough that my doctor would probably frown on this. 9lbs without the strap. I'm not supposed to lift more than 5-10lbs. At least I have a nice fat leather strap with birds on it to spread the weight. :)

A couple of more pics:

Here is a side by side of the SE Singlecut the Tremonti is replacing. I love this singlecut also and have gigged out with it but I wanted the 2 volume set up with the toggle switch on the upper bout. With about $125k in medical bills I can't afford to keep them both. One has to help pay for the other I'm afraid.

So far I like the tones I am getting from the SE 245 pickups but I will be replacing them in the near future. I'm not sure what pickups I want to put in there yet. I play mostly classic rock/blues/floydish styles with a little jam mixed in so something vintage that sounds especially great clean is what I'm searching for. Any suggestions to that end would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also installing metal pickup rings that I currently have installed on the Singlecut, adding a bone nut, sanding out the finish on the neck to satin feel and installing locking tuners at some point soon. I'll take pics of the process when I do that, especially around removal of the existing nut and how to cut/shape a new one for anyone thinking of trying their own hand at it.

I do think I'm going to keep this one around for a while!

Thanks guys. I had a good 45 minute session with it last night and it felt right. The thin/fat neck feels like a natural fit.

So after playing this one for a while I have fallen in love with it and it's heavy 9 lb body but I love that it sits in one spot and doesn't move no matter what. I do have a PRS leather strap which seems to help stick the guitar wherever I put it. The wide/thin neck seems to be perfect for me as well.

I have a bone nut blank, silver metal pickup rings, locking Gotoh 406C's on the way, new strings in a heavier gauge (D'Addario 10's) and hopefully will be changing it all out this weekend if I'm lucky. I'll take pics when I do and post them up here.

Great guitar! A quick question: with the uproute, how much are you able to pull up? 3 semitones?

I'm not sure how far I can take it but it's probably a whole step and maybe more. I haven't had a trem in decades so I haven't spent much time seeing what it can do there yet.

Great guitar! A quick question: with the uproute, how much are you able to pull up? 3 semitones?

Hey 089Ray I can only get about a whole step up. I feel like I am putting a lot of force on it by then and just don't want to push it any further than that.

Back