NGD to PTC...is this crazy?

Tosca

Zombie 10, DFZ
So I just recieved this beautiful HB2 AP yesterday....now she's on her way back to PTC for mods.
Am I crazy to think that this guitar can be improved upon?
What mods would you make to this "right out of the box"?
What's wrong with me?

A924445F-FE50-4571-9AB7-5D8A8B098DBC-2198-000000F86B79FFC8_zps6ee5b868.jpg

E9007934-A3C7-4E34-BC8C-7425238B05CE-2198-000000F88EAF3EDA_zps9b81b58b.jpg

C8263253-2F32-4F15-8A0E-7526F8995FA1-2198-000000F8B808E949_zpsbf53843c.jpg

EE85A843-FFCB-4608-A317-0B6B318C6AE0-2198-000000F8F1E29BB6_zpsa8d0ea72.jpg

Not trying to derail the thread, but how does anyone do solder work on these guitars?

It's a BEAUTY

I'd ditch the gold hardware and refinish it.

Just kidding. It's gorgeous and I wouldn't change a thing!

HB with IRW neck and BRW fingerboard is so what I'd like to have. congratz.
I wouldn't change a single thing on that guitar, but send to PTC for the Artist Tweak and the rosewood awesome treatment can make this babe even better.

HB with IRW neck and BRW fingerboard is so what I'd like to have. congratz.
I wouldn't change a single thing on that guitar, but send to PTC for the Artist Tweak and the rosewood awesome treatment can make this babe even better.

What he said :)
Great looking guitar BTW

Wow, that's really beautiful.

I have to ask, what are you getting done? I can't personally think of what i'd change on something that perfect looking!

Thanks guys for the kind comments.Well the changes will include a wiring that will allow all coil split/Humbucker and piezo combinations, without changing the cosmetics of the control layout (yes it can be done), black pickup rings and switch tip and ebony tuner buttons. I keep hearing about this "Rosewood treatment of awesomeness"...can anyone tell me exactly what that is? I can't imagine this neck feeling any better than it already does...

Thanks guys for the kind comments.Well the changes will include a wiring that will allow all coil split/Humbucker and piezo combinations, without changing the cosmetics of the control layout (yes it can be done), black pickup rings and switch tip and ebony tuner buttons. I keep hearing about this "Rosewood treatment of awesomeness"...can anyone tell me exactly what that is? I can't imagine this neck feeling any better than it already does...
I agree with the black pick up rings and switch tip.
I can't put in words what it's the "Rosewood treatment of awesomeness", but the neck do feel better. it's still alice, but with a smoother feel.

That sounds epic! I don't think you're crazy for doing that. Can't wait to see the updated pix!

RE: Rosewood Treatment of Extreme Awesomeness. I just had this done and it is unreal. Here's my limited input on it:
http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?5730-NGD*-PTC-Makeover&p=87383&viewfull=1#post87383

Wow, congrats. All good ideas. The rosewood treatment sounds cool. Mine is porous, and I can feel the texture of it. Does the treatment eliminate that? I've played Modern Eagles 4's with rosewood smooth like marble, no pores. Is there sanding involved or is it like adding a finish?

Last edited:
Killer! I am really GASing for HBII with burst!!!

The "rosewood treatment of extreme awesomeness" sounds really cool, but I am in Bangkok... so no chance for me to find out...

That guitar is beyond gorgeous! I wouldn't change anything on it, but the artist setups by the PTC are incredible.

Back