NGD: This Copper’s on Fire

Johnny Rigs

"Hold on to your butts" - Samuel L Jackson
I think that’s how it goes... I’ll have to check with Ms. Keys next time we run into each other.

Well, I had to rescue this ‘06 CE-22 in Blazing Copper. A previous owner had sanded down the back of the neck down to raw maple, didn’t protect it with anything, and apparently never washed his hands before playing. Decked the bridge and never cleaned the frets. But used some gunky guitar Polish I think, probably before trying to sell it. Don’t worry Mr. Copper, you won’t ever have to see that bad man again.

wJjQCWa.jpg

I came for the color but stayed for the wide-fat neck. Once I get it de-gunked and protected, maybe swap out pickups rings and lampshade knobs, things will be better. I just love the fully carved top of the older CEs. Especially in these car paint finishes. And 5-way rotary FTW.

Down the line, I foresee a visit to the PTC, the Club Med for guitars. I’m envisioning a Floyd Rose, maybe a new neck finish done right, and some stronger pickups. Wonder how the \m/ sounds on a CE?

Excuse me while I go scold the seller...

Last edited:
Killer! Poor thing...scold the seller? I don't think that punishment fits his crime.
For the crime of Cruelty to PRSi, and since today is TPT...ya know...Throat Punch Thursday...that seems much more appropriate, given the heinous nature of the crime he's commited...:eek:;)

https://imgur.com/kJCmquT

Last edited:
Killer! Poor thing...scold the seller? I don't think that punishment fits his crime.
For the crime of Cruelty to PRSi, and since today is TPT...ya know...Throat Punch Thursday...that seems much more appropriate, given the heinous nature of the crime he's commited...:eek:;)

https://imgur.com/kJCmquT
Put him in the PRStocks for a week!

Some good old fashioned medieval punishment:D

Great looking guitar!

That might be the one I was trying to get on eBay. Instead of a Floyd, get a Mann milcom NOS, I trem a lot and they're great. Glad a forum member got that beauty. Rock it hard!

That might be the one I was trying to get on eBay. Instead of a Floyd, get a Mann milcom NOS, I trem a lot and they're great. Glad a forum member got that beauty. Rock it hard!
Funny you should mention that. It just so happens that I have a MannMade 2000NOS bridge :).

It’s in a Santana SE that I’m moving on to make room for core models. I’ll be swapping that out, don’t know why I forget to mention that. But since I have a Gen III trem on my DGT, I want something different on this CE. It’s just down to wether I want full floating or EVH Wolfgang style.

Funny you should mention that. It just so happens that I have a MannMade 2000NOS bridge :).

It’s in a Santana SE that I’m moving on to make room for core models. I’ll be swapping that out, don’t know why I forget to mention that. But since I have a Gen III trem on my DGT, I want something different on this CE. It’s just down to wether I want full floating or EVH Wolfgang style.
Is it for sale on Craigslist?!;)

Back