NGD: The Return of Gold.

SASouth

I just got the 1998 Standard 24 Maple Top Goldtop in the pics below a couple of days ago. There’s a bit of a story related to this one.

I was browsing Reverb when I saw it. It occurred to me that it looked just like one that I had traded away about 7 years ago, something that I’ve regretted ever since I did it. I was interested because it was a dead ringer for that guitar.

As I looked at the pictures in the listing I began think that the guitar for sale might actually be my old Goldtop. I had to know for sure. I messaged the seller with the serial number of my old guitar and asked him if the number of his guitar matched the number I sent. He replied pretty quickly that it matched! I was floored it was my old guitar.

Needless to say we negotiated a price and I bought it. The icing on the cake was that the guitar was only about 50 miles from me. The seller allowed me to pick it up the next day.

I didn’t really need to have another PRS so soon after getting the Autumn Sky CU22, but I just had to buy it. It is the first PRS that I ever owned. I first bought it in 2000 and the only guitar that I have ever bought twice.

Here it is:
GpKmkz0.jpg

oBeZHct.jpg

Last edited:
I just got the 1998 Standard 24 Maple Top Goldtop in the pics below a couple of days ago. There’s a bit of a story related to this one.

I was browsing Reverb when I saw it. It occurred to me that it looked just like one that I had traded away about 7 years ago, something that I’ve regretted ever since I did it. I was interested because it was a dead ringer for that guitar.

As I looked at the pictures in the listing I began think that the guitar for sale might actually be my old Goldtop. I had to know for sure. I messaged the seller with the serial number of my old guitar and asked him if the number of his guitar matched the number I sent. He replied pretty quickly that it matched! I was floored it was my old guitar.

Needless to say we negotiated a price and I bought it. The icing on the cake was that the guitar was only about 50 miles from me. The seller allowed me to pick it up the next day.

I didn’t really need to have another PRS so soon after getting the Autumn Sky CU22, but I just had to buy it. It is the first PRS that I ever owned. I first bought it in 2000 and the only guitar that I have ever bought twice.

Here it is:
GpKmkz0.jpg

oBeZHct.jpg
Congrats on re-unification day! My brother has my first PRS so it’s easier to find but still harder to re-acquire!

Here it is:
GpKmkz0.jpg

oBeZHct.jpg

That is beautiful, and I love that you did that. And...mooooooons. I love moons!!!

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the comments.

I’m surprised that it hasn’t picked up any real wear in the last 7 years. The guy I bought it from is not the same person I traded the guitar to back in 2012. I’ve no idea how many hands it has passed through from that time until now but it was obviously taken care of. The only wear it has picked up is some small buckle rash on the trem cover. It’s still ding free, aside from a micro dent that I put on it the first time around years ago.

I had the guitar 12 years before I traded it away. In my defense at least I traded it for another PRS, an early Singlecut. :) Anyway, It feels like it never left.

Here it is:
GpKmkz0.jpg

oBeZHct.jpg

That's killer! Congrats on the reunion!

Congrats on re-unification day! My brother has my first PRS so it’s easier to find but still harder to re-acquire!

Nope...Not if your brother is my kid brother...I would just kick in the door to his bedroom and take it..but only after I gave him a wedgie and a good smack to the back of his head. Ahhh, Just like the old days. Yeah I'm that brother. o_O

Here it is:
GpKmkz0.jpg

oBeZHct.jpg

Good call
Awakens my PRE dgt Grissom dreams

Nope...Not if your brother is my kid brother...I would just kick in the door to his bedroom and take it..but only after I gave him a wedgie and a good smack to the back of his head. Ahhh, Just like the old days. Yeah I'm that brother. o_O[/QUOTE]

Older brother - I’m too nice to do that to him!

EDIT - another one of those error messages while posting my reply here

Back