NGD Swamp Monster

hammeron

Finally got around to taking some proper pictures of this...my new favorite. What don't I love about this...NOTHING! It's perfect. The maple burst color; the Klingon birds; the blond headstock (I added the ebony buttons). And the sound(s)! Lordy its uncanny. The swamp ash and maple neck give the single coils soooo much sparkle and clarity. I don't know if I've ever been so happy with a guitar purchase.

513%20full.jpg

513%20body.jpg

513%20detail.jpg

513%20head.jpg

That is really nice. Wasn't sure I liked the looks of the pickups in the 513, but I'm starting to come around. How well do these pickups work with drop tunings, and heavier type music? I know they are very diverse in what they can do which is welcome in my book. But I need to be able to do some heavier stuff, and some fairly good cleans at the same time.

That is really nice. Wasn't sure I liked the looks of the pickups in the 513, but I'm starting to come around. How well do these pickups work with drop tunings, and heavier type music? I know they are very diverse in what they can do which is welcome in my book. But I need to be able to do some heavier stuff, and some fairly good cleans at the same time.

Don't use drop tunings so I can't really speak to that. But I've got some pretty heavy riffs that live on the lower strings and it breathes fire pretty good. I've got other guitars I could switch to if need be, but being able to switch sounds midstream is very handy. And that middle pickup is a life changing revelation...so much better than the usual neck/bridge humbucker combo. It has a no compromise sound of its own. And the cleans are playground all by themselves. The shimmer can almost have 12 string quality.

Don't use drop tunings so I can't really speak to that. But I've got some pretty heavy riffs that live on the lower strings and it breathes fire pretty good. I've got other guitars I could switch to if need be, but being able to switch sounds midstream is very handy. And that middle pickup is a life changing revelation...so much better than the usual neck/bridge humbucker combo. It has a no compromise sound of its own. And the cleans are playground all by themselves. The shimmer can almost have 12 string quality.

Sounds good. Damn, expensive GAS now.

That's a really cool guitar. I have to say...I have not paid too much attention to the 513 up until this point. That beauty is the motivation I need to do my homework. Congrats.

That's a really cool guitar. I have to say...I have not paid too much attention to the 513 up until this point. That beauty is the motivation I need to do my homework. Congrats.

Same here. But this video, while the audio quality isn't great, is helpful in how the electronics in this guitar works.

Last edited by a moderator:

Here's some heavy stuff (not me)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, I was just asking my friend about the difference between the swamp ash and the regular 513.

Mucho bueno!

I think the Swamp Ash has more appeal than a maple top with this model.

Back