NGD (Sunday)

Congrats- FBJ is a classic! Matching color on maple neck is a nice bonus

That’s the problem, I can’t just have one now! It really is an immense instrument!

Yep...THAT was an epic batch of Koolaid fellas! Just warn a brotha next time...okay? I almost died...but when I came to, there was a new Silver Sky waiting on me. So there is that...;)

Is something wrong with me?! I’m not bonding with my guitar. I guess I was hoping for a different sound. I’ve put in different pickups but I still think somethings not quite right. Maybe I should have bought that Tremonti! I know if I sell it I’ll lose quite a bit of dough. ☹️

Well I still feel the same unfortunately. Also, I’m not the biggest fan of the neck profile. It was advertised as a pattern thin neck, and an ebony board, however it’s a pattern regular and rosewood board. I bought it in March 2019, would I be entitled to some sort of exchange/refund? Never had this happen before. If anyone has experience in such matters, please let me know.

Well I still feel the same unfortunately. Also, I’m not the biggest fan of the neck profile. It was advertised as a pattern thin neck, and an ebony board, however it’s a pattern regular and rosewood board. I bought it in March 2019, would I be entitled to some sort of exchange/refund? Never had this happen before. If anyone has experience in such matters, please let me know.

Where did you buy it? Almost a year later is a tough return. That would earn dealer of the decade year award in my book if they did. I can see not knowing it's a pattern regular but ebony and rosewood you can see even if you haven't played a PRS neck before.

I bought it from guitarguitar in the UK. Brilliant store, just this small issue really. Yeah I wasn’t sure it was ebony to be fair, didn’t look dark enough.

I bought it from guitarguitar in the UK. Brilliant store, just this small issue really. Yeah I wasn’t sure it was ebony to be fair, didn’t look dark enough.

I wouldn't know anything about a UK dealer. Give 'em a call.

Reactions: Paz
Yeah I will get in touch, however they’re closed at the moment due to covid.

Try calling the main number. Their website says they are processing orders.

Reactions: Paz
Thanks, I will. Need to do something as a guitar with this quality should be played.

I know this is quite an old thread, but I’ll give a brief update. Turns out the guitar is a pattern thin neck profile with an Ebony fretboard, for some reason the hang tag has the wrong neck profile on it (I find that crazy for a company of PRS quality) I contacted PRS directly and they confirmed this.

I’ve put the stock bridge pickup back in and am trying to just enjoy it for what it is, rather than wasting more money on new pickups!

Back