NGD - Suhr Pete Thorn Goldtop

( . )( . )

Actually, I got it used, but pretty much mint on Craigslist, for a great deal.

This is my first Suhr - I had never even played one before. I really like it so far. I’d rank it above by 97 CE-24 and on par with my 01 McCarty and my 91 CU-24 playability wise. My 2011 CU22 still seems to feel better, but that is one of those special guitars, and I haven’t had enough time with the Suhr yet. The neck profile is great - just thicker than my wide thins. It’s got a satin finish, 25.5” scale, medium frets (seem like 6105).

The thornbuckers are very nice lower output pups. Fit and finish is perfect. I have to play it a lot more to really review its sound l, but I dig the switching on it.

Overall, I’m impressed from this one experience with Suhr’s, but it’s not replacing any of my PRSi. Honestly, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about over Suhr, and I wanted a goldtop. Also it has a 10-14 compound radius, which is very nice. No complaints, but not blown away. I’m spoiled from PRS though...now if I could just learn to play better.

That’s pretty cool nice looking guitars. I actually traded my suhr for a custom 22 . I really didn’t care for the suhr I had at all. It was built well and looked awesome, but I hated the way it played. Enjoy yours.

Back