NGD - Starla!

Haha, I didn’t even remember that core Starlas existed. For some reason I really associate them with the S2 line.

It really suck shopping guitars online on a Saturday, because you have to wait until like Tuesday to get it with (technically) overnight shipping.

Can’t wait to check it out. I bet the Starla is badass.

I know that pain! Where did you find yours? There’s not too big a selection around. I can’t believe I found the exact one I wanted when I first went looking last week!

I know that pain! Where did you find yours? There’s not too big a selection around. I can’t believe I found the exact one I wanted when I first went looking last week!
A small guitar store a few towns over had a 2011 model up for sale. It was a totally random impulse purchase, but the deal was pretty good so I couldn’t resist. I’ll probably post a NGD thread about it next week.

I know this is another man’s NGD thread, but I’m gonna post my new acquisition here as well. Sorry!

As I posted earlier in this thread, I got a Core Starla right after this thread was created.

It’s a 2011 Starla in white (don’t know if it has a specific name). The neck is a Pattern, which is a little different from the Pattern Vintage neck in my WL 594 SC, but close enough to feel right at home. The nut width feels narrower than in my other PRS guitars, or than it’s just the neck carve that makes it feel like that. It’s also not far off from the Wide/Fat neck in my Zach Myers.

I’ve had the guitar for a week now but have had only a couple of hours to play it. I haven’t taken it to band practice yet, so I’ve just played it at home through my Mad Professor Old School 21RT amp.

And it sounds sick! But you want pics by now

The Starla pickups are different from the usual PAF-style pickups I use in most of my guitars, but very, very versatile and musical. This guitar has quickly become a favorite. It might even become my #2, but I’ll need some more time with it to be sure. But man, do I like playing this! The pickups! The Bigsby. Everything is fabulous. Although it’s strange not having the birds in the fretboard, I’ve never had a PRS without bird inlays.

There is something about a white starla
I’ve never had a white guitar before, and I think the only white one I’ve ever liked is the Olympic White Hendrix Strat. But here the white works really well and I can’t even imagine it being a different color (although the Gold one is ultra cool!).

I know this is another man’s NGD thread, but I’m gonna post my new acquisition here as well. Sorry!

As I posted earlier in this thread, I got a Core Starla right after this thread was created.

It’s a 2011 Starla in white (don’t know if it has a specific name). The neck is a Pattern, which is a little different from the Pattern Vintage neck in my WL 594 SC, but close enough to feel right at home. The nut width feels narrower than in my other PRS guitars, or than it’s just the neck carve that makes it feel like that. It’s also not far off from the Wide/Fat neck in my Zach Myers.

I’ve had the guitar for a week now but have had only a couple of hours to play it. I haven’t taken it to band practice yet, so I’ve just played it at home through my Mad Professor Old School 21RT amp.

The Starla pickups are different from the usual PAF-style pickups I use in most of my guitars, but very, very versatile and musical. This guitar has quickly become a favorite. It might even become my #2, but I’ll need some more time with it to be sure. But man, do I like playing this! The pickups! The Bigsby. Everything is fabulous. Although it’s strange not having the birds in the fretboard, I’ve never had a PRS without bird inlays.
Thanks for sharing this! That’s quite a specimen you’ve got there. Looks to be in great shape - congratulations!

Looks great! Not a Starla but the sum of the parts are actually quite close :D

QYoC5sw.jpg

Back