NGD Sorta Honest Opinions

Mark 10top

modi.jpg
[
modi.jpg

Bought new SE Custom 22 Semi Hollow. Have 4 PRS's and 1 Chrs (have another 8 guitars various brands). Only guitar I own that hasn't been modified is a T5z. Was wondering what you all thought of the mod on this semi. I really believe a lot of companies don't know how to make a guitar that looks good. Replaced switches with push-push pots individual control tuned splits, switch with DiMar zio, input with a double contact gold plated, strap buttons with Schallr locking(all my guitars have them). Gotoh locking tuners and trem, trem is decked with a brass block. Also replaced neck pu with a Saturday Night Special & kept the bridge 85/15s with vinyl overlay to get rid of that sucky zebra look. Guitar on right is the mod, just in case you couldn't tell.

Last edited:
Just the lighting on the darker fret board. And yes PRS is one of them. Look at the original. PRS seems to have a thing for off white pu rings and zebra pickups, cmon. If I didn't appreciate PRS I wouldn't have 4 including a 10 top McCarty. $4,400.00 guitar.

Last edited:
It looks good. It’s not a matter of “don’t know how to make a guitar that looks good”. Bottom line is that it’s your personal preference. I don’t care for zebra bobbins and cream plastic either. Guess what? Some people love them. PRS is putting parts on that they feel look good universally on all their guitars. It’s not profitable to have SE’s with multiple options of bobbin or hardware color. That’s why aftermarket parts exist.

Back