NGD (sorta) & Changing 58/15LT out for 58/15MT

p.jpeg

Okay guys, here is the cavity of my Semi-Hollow Special with the 58/15 LT pickups. Them resistors!

I haven't had a chance to look in the cavity. However, yeah the 58/15LT set sounds pretty great to my ears. The bridge is weak though. No doubt about that. I'll snap a pic of the cavity tonight though. Probably still mounting the MT's I think.

When I want a hotter bridge pickup sound with the Special (which isn't all that often) I use a clean boost. It'd be an alternative if you are unable to use the MTs for some reason, or if you find you don't like them any better.

I love the 57/08 bridge pickups, but I don't know if they'd work with the Special's switching. I'm guessing not.

It'll be interesting to read your comments on the MTs vs the LTs.

I reached out to PRS and they will replace the MTs in mine with LTs and make the switching work like the new models. Cost of the new pickups is $500 plus $100 for installation plus shipping. They’ll send me back the original MTs.

I may go that route. Anyone see any reason not to?

I reached out to PRS and they will replace the MTs in mine with LTs and make the switching work like the new models. Cost of the new pickups is $500 plus $100 for installation plus shipping. They’ll send me back the original MTs.

I'd say do it.

I'll take the MT's if you want to sell them!

Back