NGD ( sort of ) - Graveyard II

docteurseb

It's not quite a NGD since I no longer have the guitar, but I thought I may as well share some pictures of it since it's hard to find pictures of those.
S/N is edited out, it's not that whoever wrote the S/N had a hard time writing with the gold pen that day ;-)

UeTeRAm.jpg

Q1LnLlN.jpg

CVFwM2X.jpg

02vnhJv.jpg

b2fUYR1.jpg

4xbSpk0.jpg

tKFB6Ln.jpg

pkJ7Z0F.jpg

Last edited:
Nevermore? :D

Sorry, couldn’t resist :)

I thought this was a more interesting design than the GY I run.

What led you to move on from it?

Well it wasn't a very smooth NGD: the guitar arrived with the finish cracked at the heel during shipping.
The dealer and PRS took care of everything though.
By the time I got the guitar back in April I had decided to keep only one PS.
I preferred the CU24's neck overall and a dealer had a buyer already lined up for a GY2.
The opportunity to sell it so quickly with the assistance of a dealer at nearly break even point was too good to pass.

Fast forward and I'm planning on doing a 594 PS inspired by the GY2, but w/ Pattern Thin or Pattern Regular.

Man I want one of those so bad! I've tried to buy one and every time They get sold before I can get it!

I too would have loved to be in a position to own one of these...

Bummer it wasn't your cup of tea...this is a beautiful design. Glad you were able to work it out with your dealer!

Do you get a "sweet top" if you don't have it anymore?o_O

Yes...you do! Sweet top!

Willing to bet there was a lot of "Yes, dear," while trying to justify sneaking that into the house. :D
It's quite easy: I'm only limited by the space available in a small closest. I just had to cheat a little bit by hanging couple Warmoth guitars on the wall to make room in that closest.

I have the shirt:D
And rest assured it's even better than the guitar itself ;)

Well it wasn't a very smooth NGD: the guitar arrived with the finish cracked at the heel during shipping.
The dealer and PRS took care of everything though.
By the time I got the guitar back in April I had decided to keep only one PS.
I preferred the CU24's neck overall and a dealer had a buyer already lined up for a GY2.
The opportunity to sell it so quickly with the assistance of a dealer at nearly break even point was too good to pass.

Fast forward and I'm planning on doing a 594 PS inspired by the GY2, but w/ Pattern Thin or Pattern Regular.
Oh wow, that’s one bummer of a NGD day! Glad it all worked out in the end and it sounds like your dealer is a good one! More importantly your happy with the guitar you kept (pics?) to the point of considering ordering another one!

The CU24 is, the GY2 was from a different dealer.

Edit: to give credit where credit is due I bought the GY2 from Travis @ Bizarre Guitars. It was my 3rd guitar from them and I can only give them the highest praise and recommendation.
Having said that Dave's Guitars, Brian's Guitars, Moore Guitars, and Wild West Guitars (Doug there helped facilitate the sale of the GY2 in one of the smoothest, fastest, and most professional manner) are all dealers I've dealt with and get my recommendations too.

Last edited:
It's quite easy: I'm only limited by the space available in a small closet. I just had to cheat a little bit by hanging couple Warmoth guitars on the wall to make room in that closet.

No worries, it's the same story guys who play in the basement have..."Just need to find some space under the cellar stairs for more cases."

Back