NGD - Sort of an impulse buy....

Sticking with an impulse buy, I'm at the hospital for my brain surgery. I just purchased a used 201 se paul allender yesterday. Is this consideted an impulse buy?

Nope. It’s having something to look forward to!

Sending you good thoughts for a quick recovery!

i figure I can't do anything for another few moths. Perfect time to learn to play with my very favorite guitar maker.

Why do you all insist on making me want a vela?!?
Because they are so unlike all the other PRSi out there?

My RL SH Vela is undoubtedly a bit different sounding from the regular Vela, but the basic characteristics of the Vela make it such a great alternative to the other PRS tones available. The tone I get out of my Vela was responsible for a riff I wrote, that turned into a song my band has written, and no other guitar quite cops the sound that the Vela creates.

An amusing element of the Vela, in my observations, is that it is described as somewhat similar to a Tele. And many folks were griping that it wasn't close enough to a Tele, and maybe PRS should really try to fully mimic the Tele sound, instead of the half-baked attempt that was the Vela.

And now we have the Silver Sky, which mimics a Strat to a very high degree (on purpose, of course), and people gripe that PRS needs to stop copying classic Fender designs. Sigh.

Sticking with an impulse buy, I'm at the hospital for my brain surgery. I just purchased a used 2010 se paul allender yesterday. Is this consideted an impulse buy?

Hoping for the best, and a quick recovery

It's been almost a month since I bought this. The newness has worn off. It's now another guitar that hangs on my wall with the others. So, after the initial "high" of NGD, how do I feel? Is the Vela a "long lasting" guitar? Does it have legs? A different thread inspired me to add this update.....

Guys, I can't put this thing down. Over the last month I don't think I've played any other guitar for more than 10 minutes. I'll pick up a different instrument (and I have some REALLY nice ones) and then go, "Ummm, I think I'll just keep playing the Vela." This guitar is really different and I just enjoy the heck out of playing it.

The plugged in tones are Tele-esque, but this guitar absolutely has it's own voice. I've found that it's VERY responsive to the tone pot. The tone knob has a useful and musical impact on the tone all through its range. I actually keep it at around a 6 or 7 when I play it, and I've found really useful tones from almost 0 to all the way up. On my Tele I roll off the tone a little on the bridge pickup, but the useful range on my Tele (American Deluxe) is about 1/4 of a turn; that's it. The Vela has a wonderfully useful tone pot.

Acoustically, this guitar has a lot of snap and zing in its voice. I absolutely love the acoustic sound of this guitar, and I think that's why the plugged-in tone is so good.

This is a lot more guitar than I thought when I bought it. This is a damn fine instrument. If you're thinking, "Do I need a Vela? Do I want a Vela?" I can definitively say, "Yes you do."

It's been almost a month since I bought this. The newness has worn off. It's now another guitar that hangs on my wall with the others. So, after the initial "high" of NGD, how do I feel? Is the Vela a "long lasting" guitar? Does it have legs? A different thread inspired me to add this update.....

Guys, I can't put this thing down. Over the last month I don't think I've played any other guitar for more than 10 minutes. I'll pick up a different instrument (and I have some REALLY nice ones) and then go, "Ummm, I think I'll just keep playing the Vela." This guitar is really different and I just enjoy the heck out of playing it.

The plugged in tones are Tele-esque, but this guitar absolutely has it's own voice. I've found that it's VERY responsive to the tone pot. The tone knob has a useful and musical impact on the tone all through its range. I actually keep it at around a 6 or 7 when I play it, and I've found really useful tones from almost 0 to all the way up. On my Tele I roll off the tone a little on the bridge pickup, but the useful range on my Tele (American Deluxe) is about 1/4 of a turn; that's it. The Vela has a wonderfully useful tone pot.

Acoustically, this guitar has a lot of snap and zing in its voice. I absolutely love the acoustic sound of this guitar, and I think that's why the plugged-in tone is so good.

This is a lot more guitar than I thought when I bought it. This is a damn fine instrument. If you're thinking, "Do I need a Vela? Do I want a Vela?" I can definitively say, "Yes you do."

I have a long list of prs guitars I want and the Vela is on that list. I'm drawn to this guitar for some reason but I've never played one. I lIke the look and the pickup choices are interesting.

Now if they make a prs trem model then I'm all in.

Back