NGD - Singlecut with 408 P-ups & Ziracote Neck......

markie

Zombie 27 - DFZ
030.jpg

Zira1.jpg

033.jpg

028.jpg

032.jpg

Ive always wanted a Ziricote board, but I've never played an entire neck. How would you describe it as a neck wood?!

That thing is killer though, a total wowza.

I'm surprised one of your trees didn't run down there and try to mate with that guitar. :eek: That is one sexy beast!!

Wow, Mark! That came out better than I had imagined. The flame maple binding is perfect. The figure in the 'hog is exceptional. The [lack of] color is perfect.

WOW! What a beauty!! I just want to echo Mike's question about the neck. How's it feel? Have a big effect on tone?

Wow Markie That ROCKS!!!
I didnt know Ziracote was a Private Stock Option!! Congrats...

Like themike said. It's Ziricote not Ziracote.
Anyway, I see lots of it (Ziricote) as acoustic guitar backs and sides but never seen it on an electric before. It IS stunning..and pricey.
I understand why it's used on acoustic guitars but what is the purpose of having a ziricote neck on an electric? I understand why people want rosewood...or maple or hog but why ziricote? Is it purely cosmetic?
Hey, most people don't see the back of an acoustic guitar either..well most people in the audience or who are watching the musician..from the front..won't see it but with acoustic guitars the backwood is a major tone contributor (people also do buy certain backsets primarily for cosmetic reasons..but..) to the guitar's voice.
Electric guitar necks also contribute somewhat to the guitar's voice but it's pretty minor in the grand scheme of things...isnt it?

I am NOT trying to be a dick, I'm genuinely curious. Is the ziricote neck primarily a cosmetic upgrade?

Back