NGD: Silver Sky in Midnight Rose, Maple fretboard

shinksma

What? I get a title?
Despite being the first to order one of these (Midnight Rose w/ maple fretboard) from Brian's Guitars, the COVID-19 shutdown delayed manufacturing. Finally got it today! Thanks @Brian G ! It is pretty well exactly like all the other ones you've seen, but here are a couple of pics:

9Qq4pS8.jpg

ACC4Dgm.jpg

Neck is unfigured, and I'm ok with that.

It plays like I expected - a very, very, nice S-type. The frets do not bother me. The neck profile does not bother me. Actually, both feel quite natural. The trem is decked (per factory spec), I'll probably keep it that way. Initial impression is that bending does not feel quite the same as with the 305 - it is a bit "stiffer". (I played my 305 fairly recently, so it is somewhat fresh in my mind.) Maybe I'll take a spring off in the trem cavity.

It feels very solid, and the color is perfect.

I have to get back to work (just taking a quick break to post this, after playing for about 5 minutes), but I hope to do a more detailed comparison to my 305, DC3, and actual Fender Squier Mexi-strat later on tonight.

Now that’s a work break! Congrats on the guitar, nice color with the all maple neck

Beautiful! Congrats

That is the same color that I keep coming back to when I contemplate a possible SS purchase. :cool:

i ordered one on day 1 but cancelled to get a Suhr.
Love hte Suhr, but man I wish I could get one of htose now!

Back