NGD: SE Zach Myers :)

shimmilou

Established in 1963
So, I am always on the lookout for the next guitar to add to my collection. I have been looking for the right 594 DC, and the Mira is near the top of my list too, also was considering green for the color choice. I like the Trampas Green color, but many of the Trampas Green guitars that I have seen just haven't appealed to me very much, then this one popped up at Sweetwater, and it looked so good that I had to check it out.

The list of specs for this guitar checked a lot of boxes for me, and the figuring on this one was the best that I have seen in this color, (even better than some 10 tops I saw), so I bought it on an impulse. The figuring is not just flamey, but has some quiltiness to it also. It is darker colored too, which I really like, and as many of you already know, it looks even better in person. Although it is just a thin veneer, it seems to have some good depth to it, a little 3D looking. The figuring never disappears with changes in the viewing angle. Even the back looks great, the 3 pieces are matched up well (I like the natural backs).

The sounds it produces are pretty awesome, and different than any of my other guitars. The sounds have a very airy quality with emphasis on the low/mids, but the lows are kind of loose, very smooth and warm. The bridge pup is very bright, crisp and articulate, and crunchy with gain, and lowering the tone control warms it up nicely. The neck pup is very warm, rich and lush, with tremendous low end (actually had to lower the bass side a lot. The middle switch position is my favorite, a very wonderfully chirpy, chewy kind of PAF sound, with the bridge volume full and the neck volume at about 7, just fantastic sound, very responsive to touch. These pups sound a lot like Burstbuckers.

The guitar produces some great cleans, very musical with nice harmonics and note separation. But, IMO it really shines when using a lot of gain on the amp. The controllable feedback is awesome too. The body is thicker than typical PRS, same as the Tremonti, but very light weight, being semi hollow, and I really like the wide fat neck. The satin finish on the back of the neck is exceptionally smooth and slick. OK, enough description, and on to the pics.

45476596104_35e0ed77bb_h.jpg

45476596444_2e6fbb8582_h.jpg

45476596674_a0cb2e0051_h.jpg

31261571087_de88516420_h.jpg

31261571337_5b4b862a42_h.jpg

Last edited:
Very sweet. I know nothing of zach meyers or his music. However, his sig guitar has always been the SE that’s captured my interest most

Very nice and symmetrical top!

Outstanding...congrats! (PS - I like the natural backs too, unfortunately mine is not.)

So, I am always on the lookout for the next guitar to add to my collection. I have been looking for the right 594 DC, and the Mira is near the top of my list too, also was considering green for the color choice. I like the Trampas Green color, but many of the Trampas Green guitars that I have seen just haven't appealed to me very much, then this one popped up at Sweetwater, and it looked so good that I had to check it out.

The list of specs for this guitar checked a lot of boxes for me, and the figuring on this one was the best that I have seen in this color, (even better than some 10 tops I saw), so I bought it on an impulse. The figuring is not just flamey, but has some quiltiness to it also. It is darker colored too, which I really like, and as many of you already know, it looks even better in person. Although it is just a thin veneer, it seems to have some good depth to it, a little 3D looking. The figuring never disappears with changes in the viewing angle. Even the back looks great, the 3 pieces are matched up well (I like the natural backs).

The sounds it produces are pretty awesome, and different than any of my other guitars. The sounds have a very airy quality with emphasis on the low/mids, but the lows are kind of loose, very smooth and warm. The bridge pup is very bright, crisp and articulate, and crunchy with gain, and lowering the tone control warms it up nicely. The neck pup is very warm, rich and lush, with tremendous low end (actually had to lower the bass side a lot. The middle switch position is my favorite, a very wonderfully chirpy, chewy kind of PAF sound, with the bridge volume full and the neck volume at about 7, just fantastic sound, very responsive to touch. These pups sound a lot like Burstbuckers.

The guitar produces some great cleans, very musical with nice harmonics and note separation. But, IMO it really shines when using a lot of gain on the amp. The controllable feedback is awesome too. The body is thicker than typical PRS, same as the Tremonti, but very light weight, being semi hollow, and I really like the wide fat neck. The satin finish on the back of the neck is exceptionally smooth and slick. OK, enough description, and on to the pics.

45476596104_35e0ed77bb_h.jpg

45476596444_2e6fbb8582_h.jpg

45476596674_a0cb2e0051_h.jpg

31261571087_de88516420_h.jpg

31261571337_5b4b862a42_h.jpg

Quilty Flame or Flamey Quilt, it’s a hot one!

Enjoy.

Yeah, I know he’s not using his ZM in this video.......

Nice ZM, btw!

Yeah, I think his sig model has evolved as their music has. The one in that video is either one of his previous sig SE's, or a one-off Core that closely resembles them. From what I've heard, their newer stuff is more of a multi-layered and less raw sound, vs the guitar driven stuff like this. A semi-hollow would be a better choice to sit in that layered mix, IMO. That's just my 2 cents.

Aside from that, the ZM is just a fantastic SE model. I think it sounds much warmer and, well, I hesitate to say better, but I just like it a heck of a lot more than any of the other current SE semi hollows. The mahogany neck makes it fatter sounding, and perhaps less finish on the neck livens things up too. I recently threw a pair of PAF type pickups in mine, which matches the acoustic vibe of the guitar, and it's pretty breathtaking. I like the SE245's too, but they're more aggressive, just depends on what you're after.

Back