NGD! SE Starla

groovedoggie1

SE Starla by David Dancer, on Flickr

Hope the photo comes through - I can't figure out how to post pics here even though I read the sticky post on the subject. And forgive me as I'm working around major home remodeling and just took a real hasty photo. Bought this as a used 2020 model off Reverb from Dave's Guitars in Wisconsin. This thing is not used! Absolutely pristine (as I've read that a lot of Dave's used guitars are). Plastic still on the pickguard and pickups. No blemishes anywhere (and the photos on Reverb were very good). Paid $495 plus $20 shipping to get it to Texas. Not bad! I've had just shy of 75 guitars throughout my life and own 6 others right now, from a high-end partscaster (I know, you're thinking: no such thing as a "high end" partscaster) to a Gibson LP Special to a Harley Benton Tele. This is now my favorite! Neck is Wide Fat and feels great (my third SE with this neck shape). And the pickups are fantastic! Much better than the humbuckers on my previous two SE's.

SE Starla by David Dancer, on Flickr

Hope the photo comes through - I can't figure out how to post pics here even though I read the sticky post on the subject. And forgive me as I'm working around major home remodeling and just took a real hasty photo. Bought this as a used 2020 model off Reverb from Dave's Guitars in Wisconsin. This thing is not used! Absolutely pristine (as I've read that a lot of Dave's used guitars are). Plastic still on the pickguard and pickups. No blemishes anywhere (and the photos on Reverb were very good). Paid $495 plus $20 shipping to get it to Texas. Not bad! I've had just shy of 75 guitars throughout my life and own 6 others right now, from a high-end partscaster (I know, you're thinking: no such thing as a "high end" partscaster) to a Gibson LP Special to a Harley Benton Tele. This is now my favorite! Neck is Wide Fat and feels great (my third SE with this neck shape). And the pickups are fantastic! Much better than the humbuckers on my previous two SE's.
Congrats ! Sweet looking guitar...and welcome to discovering Dave's "used" guitars ;)

Only thing I wish was different would be a wraparound bridge like its Mira sibling rather than the stoptail, but I'll hang on to this one. Cleans through a Blues Jr are amazing (and the split humbuckers are actually usable!). Overdriven through a Marshall DSL... well, I get a sonic woody!

Awesome score! And what a price!! Congrats on a great score and cheers to many more!!!
Thanks! But I hope my fiance doesn't see that remark about "many more". I barely was able to convince her that I needed one guitar for every day of the week. Pretty sure she won't go for one guitar for every day of the month. But what if that month is February...?

Very cool SE. It’s a bit like my core Starla! I almost like your pickguard better.
7-D38-CC57-FEE3-41-AC-9-A6-F-9-D963894-AE4-E.jpg

Thanks! But I hope my fiance doesn't see that remark about "many more". I barely was able to convince her that I needed one guitar for every day of the week. Pretty sure she won't go for one guitar for every day of the month. But what if that month is February...?
You need to learn stealthing guitars in the house, and buy guitars that look similar. She will lose track and give up trying to :D

Back