NGD SE SS

Reo Clayton

My SE Silver Sky finally made its journey home and I couldn’t be more pleased with this purchase. The quality is really great for a guitar in this price range and it goes to show the effort and dedication PRS is putting into a line of affordable instruments all while maintaining the company’s overall ethos.

I did opt for the bone nut replacement upon ordering, and installed the locking tuners today. Just some preferences on my part. The satin finish on the neck is buttery smooth and neck carve is comfortable in my hand. The pickups sound fantastic to me. The bridge pickup is not ice picky and shrill full on. There’s some good quack and spank in position 2 ( there’s a t-shirt for you). The middle pickup is chill and lovely. And position 4 and 5 are just what I’ve been craving in tone.

What a joy this guitar is and I’m looking forward to breaking it in.

SEwVkSz.jpg

kKPdh5R.jpg

ZdNSqV5.jpg

Congrats! Man it was a flip of a coin for me on this and my MW, I REALLY like the SB! Yeah, they are awesome I love everything about mine! BTW I'm guessing you went with the US tuners?
Yes, sir. And they were a direct drop-in replacement. IMO, unless you really like the PRS lockers like me, it’s not necessary to replace the stock SE SS tuners. They feel identical to the US tuners from the tactile touch of the buttons to the smoothness of the gearing.

Yes, sir. And they were a direct drop-in replacement. IMO, unless you really like the PRS lockers like me, it’s not necessary to replace the stock SE SS tuners. They feel identical to the US tuners from the tactile touch of the buttons to the smoothness of the gearing.

Cool thanks for the heads up. Yeah I'm a locking tuner fan mainly for the convenience. I'll probably join you on the tuners and the bone nut eventually. Enjoy that bad boy!

Still waiting for mine from GC, it’s been not quite three months. They told me end of May, but I was hoping they’d surprise me.

Back