NGD SE Santana

Davey

Just Jammin'
I picked up an SE Santana a few weeks back while on vacation. Spotted this and decided why not. Didn't get a chance to post this until we got back this past weekend.

I'm kinda diggin the white.:cool:

51611210579_537cde219c_b.jpg

51610750198_d537134257_b.jpg

Stocker p/u's were long gone and it has some Sunset alnico 2's which don't sound terrible, but I'm thinking about throwing a 5708 in the neck and a metal in the bridge.
Decisions, decisions....

Tasty!

Do you know why there are two different control knob layouts on the SE Santana? I’ve often wondered...

Tasty!

Do you know why there are two different control knob layouts on the SE Santana? I’ve often wondered...

Good question. I actually prefer both control knobs and toggle below the bridge like on most Santana's, but its not a deal breaker.

Congratulations, very classy! Nice mods too.

Thanks AR. I installed a mann-made 1 piece bridge, core nut, locking tuners with ivory pegs and I changed out all the pots with CTS.
I know, I know all the money I put in it I could have bought something better, but I saw this one, played it and knew I was taking it home to upgrade. ;)

Thanks AR. I installed a mann-made 1 piece bridge, core nut, locking tuners with ivory pegs and I changed out all the pots with CTS.
I know, I know all the money I put in it I could have bought something better, but I saw this one, played it and knew I was taking it home to upgrade. ;)

Don't feel bad about those changes, to that guitar, at all!

I have one of the yellow '17 SE's. I loved so much about the guitar... Except the pickups. So, I spent about 1/2 of the buy-in price (I got mine used) on just custom pickups. Then went with good pots and stuff, too. Now, it is truly a lifetime guitar.

Congrats on yours! That's the first white one I've seen.

Approve!

Back