NGD...SE Paul'S arrives and WOW !

DogPhishHead

I've named her "Roxanne" (you don't have to put on the RED light). She's resonant, sustains well, plays amazingly, has perfect fret work and has a unique tone (compared to her step sister McCarty with 57/08s).

I'm digging the coil splits, especially with my klone. These TCI pickups have a nice scoop and there is a definite upper mid push that cuts nicely and the bass strings have a great piano chime. So far, I'm loving the split neck/bucker bridge position. Compared to the McCarty, this one is a sports car - just wanting to rip and push the gain, nice attitude to the tone, sorta raw and punchy. The McCarty is the grand dame, robust and refined.

Nice weight, 7 pounds. Great piece of rosewood too, smooth and shows some unique grain variations. My daughter LOVES the shell birds. The maple veneer is very well watched and deep looking. My wife saw it said it was very pretty and then gave me the frown saying "how much was that ?!!" :rolleyes:

I've already switched out the knobs to Core lampshades, much easier to grab and turn over the stock speed knobs. Only got about an hour play time on it today after I got home from work and then got the little one off to bed. Cleans are very defined, nice spectrum in tone. Overdrive (from my Mesa or klone) retains clarity and has a distinct growl.

I feel like I stole it for the quality build and tone for the price I paid (considering it was sold as "used" barely a pick mark on her, no fret wear and the protective plastic still on the truss rod cover and back plate.

Well here's "Roxanne" (w/ my 9 year old Phish Phan)...and her step sis "Smoke".

mFBiJnO.jpg

lZca7KI.jpg

Md0EZpP.jpg

that would be a 10 top if it were a core.
Those Paul's guitars are freaking amazing in the SE line...wish they were a bit less expensive though.

SE's shouldn't be 1000.00+...but they probably are worth it.

Back