NGD - SE Hollowbody

RallyFanatic

Perpetual musical mid-life crisis
Doing my part to support small local business while staving off boredom. I actually got it last week but work has thankfully been busy so I’m just getting around to posting.

Full disclosure - I’ve never owned a hollowbody, or even a semi- hollow, in the 8 years I’ve been playing. Clearly I’ve been missing out as this thing is epic! I was after a different sound for playing blues and it definitely delivers there. What surprised me is how much I love it with a healthy dose of gain. It made me dig into my memory a bit to remember those Dave Grohl licks I learned years ago. The clean sounds are also superb - I don’t know jazz, but now I want to!

I like it so much I even ordered a few bits to dress it up - core knobs, Mann satin brass bridge studs, and SE locking tuners. I can definitely see more hollowbodies in my future...

4-E92-EAC0-600-E-4-F5-C-AAD9-6-F5-C6-B18-B372.jpg

FF69400-F-63-F0-4-D1-D-AC5-A-3-BEF993-B7-DFA.jpg

Hard to photo the brass studs, but the match the saddles well and I like the two tone look

8-F12-A01-E-2-D40-4-AD0-A46-C-03-B48317-AB01.jpg

Core knobs - I can never see the numbers on the SE knobs at a glance, and I prefer the look/feel of the core knobs

A7-CDD81-F-154-F-4-AF9-B6-FE-34-E7-B14166-DE.jpg

Hard case - they all come that way, or at least they should. It’s decent enough - if I we’re going to transport it a ton I’d opt for something more robust but for sitting around the house it’s perfectly fine.

Edit: from the PRS website:
E4-D7393-E-8-D8-D-430-C-8-AFA-190-BD910-D06-B.jpg

Weird. Zzounds says gig bag. We'll see.

They’ve been great to deal with in the past and they’re very reputable - I’m sure it was just an oversight/typo.

Agreed. When I bought mine, the sales guy brought it out in a case, and the store owner said, "Isn't it supposed to be a gig bag?" Sales guy said nope - they're in a case. Owner pointed out that the sign from the guitar said gig bag. Sales guy said, "He probably just copied it from another SE. The iollowbodies are all cases." It happens.

Back