NGD,,,,SE Hollowbody ii.

evan47

50155642133_f4a31ca735_4k.jpg
20200725_202311 (1)[/url] by evan north, on Flickr[/IMG] After getting hold of a pair of 2007 PRS guitars (a custom 22 and a McCarty 10 top) I had a yearning for a hollow body electric on a limited budget.
I tried a number of them at a local music store and ended up buying a PRS SE Hollowbody ii (non piezo).
It certainly put the others that I tried out in the shade.
OK, so the finish on the binding is not quite the quality of a core model and the bird inlays just do not compare but the playability and its sound outweigh any short comings.
It is also far more ergonomic than any of the other hollow electrics that I tried.
These guitars are well worth checking out if you are in the market for a hollow body electric.

Last edited:
Good choice - I made the same choice last week and couldn't be happier. These punch WAY above their weight class.

Great guitars, my hollowbody ll with piezo arrives tomorrow. My hollowbody standard goes on the bay next week, only because I’m out of room and have a one in one out policy to save my son’s sanity.

Its nice but nothing compares to the McCarty 10 top in the second pic!........my pride and joy.

I have a McCarty 594 as well. Mine is not a 10 top although I don’t know how it’s not. The amount of flame and color is unreal. Someone at PRS made a mistake and didn’t label it a 10 top I think. It has more flame and color than 90% of the 10 tops I’ve seen. I got lucky I guess. It’s also faded whale blue. Most for guitar I’ve ever laid my eyes on, and it sounds and feels even better. It’s a gem for sure.

Awesome guitar! Congrats

And that picture of the dragonfly is amazing too!

I've had the SE HBII for a few months now. Definitely a fan. Finally got around to dropping some locking tuners in. Would highly suggest the upgrade. Enjoy and have fun!

Back