NGD! SE Holcomb

It's here! And wow, what an amazing guitar. For the price, it has so much.

The first thing I noticed when playing was the 20" radius. Visually, it's drastically different (just looked weird when looking down at my hand on the fretboard). But I'm loving it. It plays really well combined with the satin neck.

Fit and finish is fantastic. Better than my other SE's, and my other Korean (same factory) Schecter.

The pickups are amazing. When SD releases production models, I really would like to get a set for another guitar.

The ONLY negative is that, when tuning up, I got the *ping* at the nut. All my other SE's have new nuts, so I think I'll probably try to get one to go on this 20" radius as well.

Been waiting for a guitar like this from PRS for a long time, and this is definitely at the TOP of the SE line.

I tried to get different angles and lighting on the pictures.

MntL9lLl.jpg

f1G2Y3cl.jpg

TKdUxBql.jpg

m69D6wbl.jpg

Last edited:
It's here! And wow, what an amazing guitar. For the price, it has so much.

The first thing I noticed when playing was the 20" radius. Visually, it's drastically different (just looked weird when looking down at my hand on the fretboard). But I'm loving it. It plays really well combined with the satin neck.

Fit and finish is fantastic. Better than my other SE's, and my other Korean (same factory) Schecter.

The pickups are amazing. When SD releases production models, I really would like to get a set for another guitar.

Congrats! Looks awesome! I really want one of these.

The ONLY negative is that, when tuning up, I got the *ping* at the nut. All my other SE's have new nuts, so I think I'll probably try to get one to go on this 20" radius as well.
Before going through the bother of a new nut, have you tried lubricating the nut and/or widening the slots?

Before going through the bother of a new nut, have you tried lubricating the nut and/or widening the slots?

No, haven't yet. On second thought, the trouble of finding one that goes with the exact radius and string spacing and string height might be irritating. I've used the Tusq nuts in the past, and would prefer a black one for this guitar visually, but I'll just assume that it's because the guitar is brand new, and the nut is most likely fine. Thanks!

Amazing looking guitar! These tops on the Holcombs look great....PRS really killed it on this model.

Uh, would these things be any good for playing the blues using standard E tuning? (not in to metal, sorry) But if not, then I'm safe 'cause that ebony board with the 20th radius could sway me to the dark side.

Uh, would these things be any good for playing the blues using standard E tuning? (not in to metal, sorry) But if not, then I'm safe 'cause that ebony board with the 20th radius could sway me to the dark side.
Yes, absolutely. I'm not a downtuner, but I have several guitars with a 25.5" scale length, and it does something slightly different to the tone...which I quite like. They come downtuned stock, but you should be able to tune them right back up to standard tuning. Might have to set them up again, but that's what I plan on doing.

For blues, you'll want to get different pickups also.

Back