NGD! SE Holcomb

It's here! And wow, what an amazing guitar. For the price, it has so much.

The first thing I noticed when playing was the 20" radius. Visually, it's drastically different (just looked weird when looking down at my hand on the fretboard). But I'm loving it. It plays really well combined with the satin neck.

Fit and finish is fantastic. Better than my other SE's, and my other Korean (same factory) Schecter.

The pickups are amazing. When SD releases production models, I really would like to get a set for another guitar.

The ONLY negative is that, when tuning up, I got the *ping* at the nut. All my other SE's have new nuts, so I think I'll probably try to get one to go on this 20" radius as well.

Been waiting for a guitar like this from PRS for a long time, and this is definitely at the TOP of the SE line.

I tried to get different angles and lighting on the pictures.

MntL9lLl.jpg

f1G2Y3cl.jpg

TKdUxBql.jpg

m69D6wbl.jpg
b
It's here! And wow, what an amazing guitar. For the price, it has so much.

The first thing I noticed when playing was the 20" radius. Visually, it's drastically different (just looked weird when looking down at my hand on the fretboard). But I'm loving it. It plays really well combined with the satin neck.

Fit and finish is fantastic. Better than my other SE's, and my other Korean (same factory) Schecter.

The pickups are amazing. When SD releases production models, I really would like to get a set for another guitar.

The ONLY negative is that, when tuning up, I got the *ping* at the nut. All my other SE's have new nuts, so I think I'll probably try to get one to go on this 20" radius as well.

Been waiting for a guitar like this from PRS for a long time, and this is definitely at the TOP of the SE line.

I tried to get different angles and lighting on the pictures.

MntL9lLl.jpg

f1G2Y3cl.jpg

TKdUxBql.jpg

m69D6wbl.jpg

Beauty! I just got mine 2 days ago and i'm loving it right out the box. Does your push/pull tone knob is looser than the volume knob? I was told at the store that this is common for push/pulls and contact support at PRS told me this as well. I just wanted to hear it from another actual owner. I'm actually not getting that pinging issue but i'm going to look out for it. I had to lower the action a bit, and i might even go a little lower cuz i'm still not getting any buzz. Any recommendations on string height?

b

Beauty! I just got mine 2 days ago and i'm loving it right out the box. Does your push/pull tone knob is looser than the volume knob? I was told at the store that this is common for push/pulls and contact support at PRS told me this as well. I just wanted to hear it from another actual owner.

This is just like my SEs : Holcomb and CU24. I think it's true of all SEs.

Does your push/pull tone knob is looser than the volume knob? I was told at the store that this is common for push/pulls and contact support at PRS told me this as well. I just wanted to hear it from another actual owner.

Yes, this is common for the SE line.

What brand and color strap did you go with? Trying to pick one out for mine...

What brand and color strap did you go with? Trying to pick one out for mine...
Mine has a black seat belt material one by Souldier and some black Schaller strap locks.

I did just order a PRS seat belt tho...

Same with mine and the push/pull tone!!
I tuned mine in drop D with 10-42 strings and I feel the string a little high ! Any recommendations??

It comes tuned to drop C with 10-52s. I'd go to at least 11s, + truss rod adjustment (or just have it professionally set up). My shop tuned mine to standard (E-E) and set it up for me (with the extant 10-52s), so depending where you bought it, take it back and have them do it. Might cost you a new set of strings, but if they're not willing (or if you bought it online), then take it to your local tech.

I adjust the neck to .010 at 8th fret And the string heigth too due to prs instructions but seems a little high to me , specially the high ones!!
If I play on the lower strings the highs make string noises, like I'm playing without any string muting with my hands, like a child learning to play!!

Back