NGD SE DGT!

Hello again PRS fans. I just wanted to brag about this guitar. I have had a couple of SE's in the past but didn't hold onto them long. I must say that this guitar is on another level. The neck is awesome with impeccable fret work. Not a high or low fret. I was able to lower the action just a touch and tighten the truss rod just a hair and it plays like a dream all the way up the neck. Secondly its intonated superbly. The sounds this thing gets in single and full humbucker mode is thick like a Les Paul with it's own character. The control layout is also what I prefer as I spend more time in the bridge than the neck. It's balanced well and has excellent overtones when some grease is added around the edges. I could not be happier with the fret size as well. Quality is just excellent with a few small blemishes on the gold but I had to look for it. The only other quibble is that the strings don't come out easily from the bridge and I had to push them through to get them out; I changed the knobs with some I had laying around and I also upgraded to the prs se locking tuners and added some ivory buttons for more of the core look and also because I don't care for chrome. I hope someone here can gleam something from this. The DGT SE is a top notch guitar.
IMG-20230520-182354666.jpg

Beautiful goltops guys, may you all enjoy them in good health for many years to come.
Now ee just need a moon inlay McCarty SE.

As a couple of you have noticed on this model and other trem fitted SE's a minor problem is the strings can bind in the block. For anyone thinking of replacing the bridge I personally use these that I found on ebay.

BRASS HYBRID PRS STYLE TREMOLO
51473626956_b0f6da707f_z.jpg

Here's mine fitted to my supermodded Santana/Custom 22
51940783055_16dc4d0dcc_o.jpg

This bridge is a perfect fit,, all brass and a tonal improvement over the standard SE bridge. And the best bit - about 1/4 of the price of the alternatives.

They also do a all chrome version
51474561370_9b94722b22_z.jpg

I have the chrome one fitted to my core CE-24 & Standard 22 and keep the originals packed away.

Last edited:
I came so close to hitting the button for a gold top with moons, but then I thought, hang on, wait, be patient, eventually PRS will do what PRS always do in the SE line, PRS will do a run of different finishes.

Ok PRS, let's have it, I want a vintage burst with birds please, come on you've done it on other models so you can do it again. Ta!

Hello again PRS fans. I just wanted to brag about this guitar. I have had a couple of SE's in the past but didn't hold onto them long. I must say that this guitar is on another level. The neck is awesome with impeccable fret work. Not a high or low fret. I was able to lower the action just a touch and tighten the truss rod just a hair and it plays like a dream all the way up the neck. Secondly its intonated superbly. The sounds this thing gets in single and full humbucker mode is thick like a Les Paul with it's own character. The control layout is also what I prefer as I spend more time in the bridge than the neck. It's balanced well and has excellent overtones when some grease is added around the edges. I could not be happier with the fret size as well. Quality is just excellent with a few small blemishes on the gold but I had to look for it. The only other quibble is that the strings don't come out easily from the bridge and I had to push them through to get them out; I changed the knobs with some I had laying around and I also upgraded to the prs se locking tuners and added some ivory buttons for more of the core look and also because I don't care for chrome. I hope someone here can gleam something from this. The DGT SE is a top notch guitar.
IMG-20230520-182354666.jpg
Nice

I found my tuners on Ebay slightly cheaper than the going price. I found the buttons from Tone Ninja on reverb. Make sure you ask the seller that they fit prs SE's. The SE tuners have a hex/allen post that do not fit all buttons. There is another company in Germany that makes buttons for SE's called Guitar Monkey. I make check them out and try a Rosewood button for fun.

It's finally here and it's glorious. Not had much time with it yet and will not have much time to get to know it until later this week, but first impressions are that it's a brilliant guitar. Couldn't be happier!

Vo8qn2D.jpg
Where did you find one?

Finally got round to putting the new knobs on it... imho it really improves the look of the guitar. Locking tuners and ivory buttons next (when I can find a good deal on the tuners!)

NmoKNyV.jpg
Mate, I went the same way re the knobs and I'm with you on the improved look. Some videos have shown a warmer reddish thing going on with the back and neck, but mine is essentially black. Throw in the black heads on the locking tuners and amber-black knobs and its got a cool, slightly 'darker' black-gold vibe going on.

Back