NGD SE DGT!

BigChrisW

'68 Special
It's finally here and it's glorious. Not had much time with it yet and will not have much time to get to know it until later this week, but first impressions are that it's a brilliant guitar. Couldn't be happier!

Vo8qn2D.jpg

Interesting...
What was it about the core that did not gel?

There was a weird high-end ping to the tone I did not like. It REALLY annoyed my hearing. I attribute it to the Brazilian Rosewood. I loved the single coil tones but didn't like the output/drive of the humbuckers. Messing with the height screwed up what I liked about the singles...

I already had 57/08 guitars. At the time the DGT reminded me (tonally) of my old Jackson PC1. Too much "nasty" in the tone. The clear "fwangggg" I like was not there....it was like "ferinnnnn".

If probably dig it now, but at the time I thought it sucked to play. It was otherworldly to look at:

Here is my SE. I really do prefer the tone of this one. I do do prefer the looks of the other, lol.

There was a weird high-end ping to the tone I did not like. It REALLY annoyed my hearing. I attribute it to the Brazilian Rosewood. I loved the single coil tones but didn't like the output/drive of the humbuckers. Messing with the height screwed up what I liked about the singles...

I already had 57/08 guitars. At the time the DGT reminded me (tonally) of my old Jackson PC1. Too much "nasty" in the tone. The clear "fwangggg" I like was not there....it was like "ferinnnnn".

If probably dig it now, but at the time I thought it sucked to play. It was otherworldly to look at:

Here is my SE. I really do prefer the tone of this one. I do do prefer the looks of the other, lol.

If it works, it works! Glad you're diggin' it!

Everything you're describing in the tone of the Core is what I look for lol enjoy

Back