NGD - SE Custom 24-08

1esotericguy

This was a strange circle to get to this NGD. This started as a GAS spree for an Epiphone 1959 tribute. After finding one to play locally, I was kind of blah about it. Decided a Gibson Les Paul Tribute in Honeyburst would scratch the itch better than the Epiphone for me. I had just about made up my mind to get the Les Paul when a Bonnie Pink PRS SE Custom caught my eye in the store. I've been wanting a flamed pink guitar since I missed the EBMM Axis Tributes from a bunch of years ago and they still haven't re-issued them ever. Then, upon researching that Pink PRS SE guitar, I came across this Eriza Green SE Custom 24-08.

The switching system on the 24-08 and the TCI pickups sounded better to me, than the pink one. And I tried them head to head/side by side.

There were only a few of these green ones left in my region and none forecasted to be available mail order until 2022.

I tried one sort of close to me, but the top wasn't great looking. Ended up going pretty far, but it was worth it. This is thing is perfect. And they already got me on the PRS SE tax: Locking SE tuners are incoming and I already changed to lampshade knobs.

This is the only guitar I have (even amongst some more expensive stuff), that doesn't fret buzz anywhere on the neck. It's pretty miraculous. This thing is awesome. I love the top on this one. I only wish I could have gotten this in the Bonnie Pink, but the green is really cool too.

Untitled by J Schmo, on Flickr

Untitled by J Schmo, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice one! I'm still waiting for the release of some other color options.

What's up with the Apple amp?

What's up with the Apple amp?

Ha! The Apple amp is a Ceriatone 18 watt TMB kit that was built by a pro. I bought the assembled chassis used years ago. I should have bought a real 18watt head cab for it, but I mistankingly found 'a guy' on Craigslist that purported to be a cab builder. That cab is horrible, but it does the minimum task of housing the chassis safely. I slapped the apple sticker on it just for a laugh. The amp itself is awesome though.

Back