NGD - SE Custom 22 semi hollow grey black

Mixstar

Just too tired . . .
I just got home with this little beauty, sounds great as you'd expect and so light. Apologies for the bad pics but I'm shaking with excitement:) (and it's very shiny so I'm blaming that as well)
145951316150947700_resized.jpg

145951376641900300_resized.jpg

145951316215342600_resized.jpg

Very nice, play it with pride.
Got my son an orange one for Christmas, and I must say it is the sweetest SE I have ever played.

That looks fantastic, and of course it'll play great. SEs just keep getting better. I want to try one of these out in person, see how it compares to my S2 CU22 semihollow.

That looks fantastic, and of course it'll play great. SEs just keep getting better. I want to try one of these out in person, see how it compares to my S2 CU22 semihollow.
To me they play very close.
When I got my son's guitar for him, I had bought it in October, so I got to spend a few months with it before Christmas.
Getting my S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow awhile back they are very similar.

I was actually thinking of getting one like his and having black pickups and rings put into it, but when I saw the S2 at my dealer I knew it was going to be mine.

And, just being nosy, I wondered what it looks like inside, well, it's like this:
145953708028297800_resized.jpg

I know it's a different bridge but . . .

I don't need to look again:cool:

To me they play very close.
When I got my son's guitar for him, I had bought it in October, so I got to spend a few months with it before Christmas.
Getting my S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow awhile back they are very similar.

I was actually thinking of getting one like his and having black pickups and rings put into it, but when I saw the S2 at my dealer I knew it was going to be mine.
Speaking of....how would you describe the tone of your S2 22 SH? I have an S2 Cu24 and I love it, but i want something a little more mellow than what I get out of it. I have a Zach Myers but it just isn't floating my boat. Not nearly as versatile as my 24 and it's maybe a bit toooo vintage sounding. Not to mention, it just doesn't feel nearly as good as my S2.

Speaking of....how would you describe the tone of your S2 22 SH? I have an S2 Cu24 and I love it, but i want something a little more mellow than what I get out of it. I have a Zach Myers but it just isn't floating my boat. Not nearly as versatile as my 24 and it's maybe a bit toooo vintage sounding. Not to mention, it just doesn't feel nearly as good as my S2.
Well I play mainly high gain, and it sounds pretty good that way.
Just as metal as my 408, but a little less output than the 408 pickups.

I like this much better than my ZM and my SE Tremonti.
I guess I like the double cut style over an LP style.

My new S2 is perhaps my best playing guitar next to the 408, I dig it, and cannot wait to get home from work, get the laundry done, and get out the S2 for the weekend.

That is a great-looking flame top! Played one @ a local GC, really well-made. Congrats!

Wow,. I need light guitars too, the lighter the better, what did it come out to be? and how does she sound? Making me love the black flame mmMM

I just happened to see one in GC this week, in Tobacco Burst. Lovely guitar, and plays nicely. Made me really think! LOL! Congratulations!!

I need light guitars too, the lighter the better, what did it come out to be?
This one weighs in at 6lb 13oz, considering my Singlecut weighs 9lb 10oz that's quite a difference.
and how does she sound?
Playability is excellent, I wouldn't expect anything less. Tonally, let me put it this way, I played it for the first time out of the box at the shop plugged straight in to a Fender deluxe reverb. The assistant got worried I was in the demo room so long and came to find me, he said all he could see was a smile and when he asked me what I thought I just said "I'm taking this home".

By the way, it's been said a million times on this site that guitar shops are dangerous places, I have an urge to buy another amp now:confused:
I just happened to see one in GC this week, in Tobacco Burst
Really? I was under the impression they only did grey/black and Orange (sunburst?), have you got any pics?

Last edited:
Back