NGD - SE Cu 24 - Spalted - Indonesian Cor-Tek

I think they're finally out of these also.....Good Job to all who was able to get one!!

I tried to get another dealer to match....Absolutely not lol

So PRS will no longer make the SE C24 in Spalted Maple?
I'm glad I got mine last year! How many did they produce? Might be a real collectors item someday...

Congrats, you should do a NGD thread.

There have been runs of them before, and will probably be more in the future. I saw some natural finished ones that looked cool (different pups), but I like the Vintage Sunburst like these better.

Last edited:
Updates:

First, I took a look at the stock pup, and found a piece of shrink tubing was pierced where the pup wires and cable wires are soldered together. Each of the four connections was covered with shrink tubing, and were all stuffed into the small gap between the baseplate and bobbin (see pic), pressed against the shield wire solder point on the baseplate. The wires were so tightly packed, that the soldered shield wire pierced the shrink tubing for the hot wire, and would make contact intermittently, which shorted the pup hot wire to the shield/ground wires. I put new shrink tubing on all connections, and gently tucked the wires into the gap without having to press them in. The pup works fine now.

Zoom in on the pic and you can see where the shield/ground is soldered to the baseplate.
40757329243_d9e3a8900b_o.jpg

Next, I received the converted tuners from John Mann and installed them. Before, with moderate whammy use, I had great tuning stability with the stock tuners, but now I can really abuse the whammy and it stays in tune. Too bad it's not up-routed, but dive bombs are cool. :cool:

I think they look cool too. :cool:

46823044015_6c38f9fb90_o.jpg

33862565668_0ae933a66c_o.jpg

Finally, while I had the strings off, I decided to put the repaired stock pup back in and compare. The SD pup was a touch mellower, less output, and slightly more articulate than the stock pup. The SD humbucker sound was great, but the split sounds were a bit thin and wispy. The stock pup is a bit more aggressive, not as articulate, but slightly fuller/richer and a little more glassy. The stock pup split sounds are much better, and overall I think I prefer it to the SD in this instance. So, for now I'm really enjoying the guitar with stock pups and locking tuners. :)

Back