NGD - SE Angelus Lifeson

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
Well, new to me. I was talking to the esteemed BrianG after dinner last week, and he clued me in on this guitar he was going to have in his fifth anniversary sale. Said it was scratched some. But it was the SE Lifeson, which I've been wanting. I dropped him a line after I got home, and he checked the guitar and said Corey must have polished it and buffed the scratch out because he had trouble finding anything. So after an exchange of credit card info and about 48 hours, a nice big box arrived today.

I looked the guitar over, and if thing was ever scratched, you couldn't prove it by my testimony. The thing looks minty fresh. It arrived just before I went to lunch, so I had literally 45 seconds to play with it, and I'm pretty sure it's defective - couldn't play a single Rush song on it. I don't know, maybe it's me, not the guitar.

I got to spend some quality time with it during the Penguin game tonight, and I really like this. It doesn't have that thumping low end that the regular SE Angelus has - sounds a bit more midrange-y and feels like it's going to cut nicely in most mixes. Really sweet tone, IMO. This is another winner, for what my opinion's worth.

lifeson01.jpg

lifeson03.jpg

lifeson02.jpg

Thanks Brian!

Awesome guitar! Enjoy it!

When we were at PRS in June, I got to play the Lifeson prototype, and it was a wonderful guitar. I hope you get a lot of joy out of it, Alan!

Congrats Alan!

I found my Lifeson SE blends into the band nicely and I think easier than the Guild I was using prior - must be the size.

But I still tend to use my P22 more often as it's just easier to use - I mainly got the Lifeson as a "playing acoustic at home on the couch" guitar, and I love it more than I even thought I would.

I've been looking at this model lately & must admit i'm getting itchy for one

I was too. When they dropped the price15% I could resist no longer. Fed Ex dropped it off Thursday. The last "acoustic" guitar I had was in1992.... Kramer Ferrington.

I have an SE Angelus Custom and so I didn't get too excited when the thinline came out. Last week a friend came over with his new Lifeson for me to try out. It was a blast to play. I agree it doesn't have the bottom end that the Custom has, but it is easier to play and sounds pretty darn sweet.

Played one at GC recently, very impressed. One of the better imports going at the moment. ENJOY!

On another note... There is someone that actually watches the Penguins?

So you are the guy! I called on that guitar and it was just sold!!! Enjoy it. I hear they are very nice for the money.

So you are the guy! I called on that guitar and it was just sold!!! Enjoy it. I hear they are very nice for the money.

Sorry about that! It is a nice guitar - and in better shape than when Brian first described it to me.

This has happened to me, BTW. True story - Dave's Guitar Shop had a used CU22 soapbar, goldtop, maple fretboard (from the original run of these). I hemmed and hawed and finally sent them an e-mail. They described the guitar, said it was in great condition, but it had sold a couple days earlier. Oh well. Couple weeks later, the same guitar pops up on the web site. I sent another e-mail and asked if it was really the same guitar. They said it was, that the first guy who bought it returned it because it just didn't work for his situation - he liked it, but the wrong guitar for him. And...it had sold the day before. Oh well. Fast-forward a couple more weeks. Guess what showed up on the web site. My e-mail this time was one line - "How much did I miss it by this time?" They replied "About three hours."

There "might" be one of these under our tree right now!! :D Will report back when the paper is torn off and that is confirmed...

There "might" be one of these under our tree right now!! :D Will report back when the paper is torn off and that is confirmed...
Good Luck PRSAK Would be a wonderful Christmas Present!

I'll play mine today in hopes of influencing...

What's+in+the+box+brad+pitt+in+seven+and+wayne's+world+memes+combined+dr+heckle+funny+wtf+pictures.jpg

Sweet. It's official...I too am now the proud owner of a SE Angelus Alex Lifeson. One rousing edition of Closer to the Heart and a few other ditties and I am completely digging it. It sounds great and plays wonderfully. Looking forward to plugging it in later today. Like bodia, the last acoustic I bought was ages ago (late 80's!) so this is a big deal for me. No pic at this time. (Looks like alantig's and this is his NGD thread anyway.) Congrats to all of us that were able to get one of these this year! These guitars are real winners.

Sweet. It's official...I too am now the proud owner of a SE Angelus Alex Lifeson. One rousing edition of Closer to the Heart and a few other ditties and I am completely digging it. It sounds great and plays wonderfully. Looking forward to plugging it in later today. Like bodia, the last acoustic I bought was ages ago (late 80's!) so this is a big deal for me. No pic at this time. (Looks like alantig's and this is his NGD thread anyway.) Congrats to all of us that were able to get one of these this year! These guitars are real winners.

Congrats, sir! Gonna have to plug mine in one of these days as well.

Awesome! Congrats ... I have yet to plug mine in. Love it though.

I also recently purchased one of these models.It really is a fun guitar to play.Sounds and looks incredible,my first acoustic PRS.I am really sold on their products.Love my 408MT and SE Singlecut Korina as well.

Back