NGD SE Angelus Custom

Interesting that your "non-electric" Angelus Custom sounds different from the one with the piezo. I wonder if it is primarily the saddle (no piezo) or the unadulterated shoulder where the controls go?

Could be just the variation between guitars. When I picked up my A10, there were four guitars in the store, two in each color. I picked up the first black one, and to be honest, I was disappointed. Very tight and choked off. Picked up the tortoise one next to it - played beautifully. Rang like a bell, every note was clear. On a whim, picked up the other tortoise one, and it was almost identical to the first black one. Then I saw the second black one, and it was even better than the first tortoise one. So that's the one that came home with me.

That said, when I got the Angelus Custom, they had a Standard there as well, and while there was a difference in the sound because of the differences in materials, there was little or no difference in quality. They were both outstanding.

First of all… Thanks for everything. Shinksma. You've been super helpful... My computer skils sort of suck and I'm totally new to forums. I hope I'm posting this correctly. This picture is better from the one's I took down. But will work on better pictures with something other thatn a cell phone.
Yes… I’m inclined to agree with you about the Piezo bridge versus the non-piezo. The non-piezo sounds brighter. They were both re-strung at the same time with Martin MXF 130’s (for my sissy fingers) Yes .011 to .047’s) at the moment. But will move to the D’Addario EJ24’s very soon – been practicing allot. Fingers are numb but getting better.
I’m sort of tripping on the weight difference. Nearly 1 pound different from the Electric to non-electric; that’s without a battery in the electric. Non-electric was built 01, 2012; Electric was built 12, 2012. They both sound great but the there is a difference.

1432157800IMG_20150429_142642.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Isn't that strange how they can be so different. I haven't tried any of the A10's just watched videos on YouTube which doesn't really give you the best representation either. Build quality is the same with both of my Customs. Both are very nice. When I get better at playing, I would like to buy a PS Tony McManus. Deep rich tones come out of that baby!

Wowzers ......................... This Guitar truly is beautiful. Congrats!

Why thank you! Yeah, that back is awesome, and the guitar was bought sight-unseen - last one I could find at a reasonable price at the time.

Back